2nd x denial of WLS/ no fault of my own!!

Blsmbry2011
on 1/7/11 9:59 am
Hello OH Family,

I wouldl ike to congratulate and encourage all of you who have gotten their dates and who have had wls success. After carefully viewing my options of wls and doing some 5 + years of research I have decided to have wls. Looking at one of the most creditable and by reputation surgeon in my area I decided to go with Dr. Jawad's team. Il iked the reviews and he is such a conveint to me.
after finding out that my ins covered wls I started with all requirementi i.e. physc eval, 5 year history, sleep study you name it I did it and had everything completed with in a minth's time.
I made sure that Dr. Jawad's staff had everything that they needed to get an approval. The very 1st time submitting paper work to my ins. I was denied because they didn't have all my clinicals.
Second time around all clinicals was submitted and again I am denied!!! Yeah this time because they didn't have my 5 year weight history!!! Is that a double whammy or what?? Someone please talk to me let me know something. After confornting the surgeon's office they denied it. Still I have yet to receive an apology. I have never heard of anything like this. I am fustrated, angry, embrassed and hurt. I am in such a reck right now. I am FURIOUS!! I have requested my 5 year weight history and requested that all records be mailed to me before we start with the third appeal. Suggestions are welcomed!! I really could use some words of wisdom!! By the way I know that the third time around is a charm!! We'll have to wait and see. I'll keep you all updated!!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/11 8:29 am
I'm sorry I don't follow you. You turned in all requirements to Dr Jawad's office and they didn't forward it? Or you asked your regular doc to send it to Dr Jawad and they didn't sen it to Jawad?
Are you saying that Dr Jawads office sends the paperwork in peacemeal and you are getting frustrated? Dr Jawad gets paid by performing operations,,so not getting you operated does not benefit him. If his staff is dropping the ball,,you should get in touch with the Dr himself or his assistant....I had some issues as well but everything worked out in the end. Do YOU submit the paperwork to your insurance co?? Has it occured to you that the papers were send out by the Dr's office and your ins co office does shoddy work..? I agree with you to  get a copy of all needed forms and after the 3rd try something is missing you can fax the missing docs yourself..
How did you confront the surgeons' office??? They denied what? Apology for what?
I can understand that you are frustrated..but it will not help you at all..

Good Luck
Petra
Blsmbry2011
on 1/9/11 9:45 am
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/11 10:14 am
I guess it's the way you put your sentences together that makes it hard for me to follow your logic....but...As you said......Why was I interested?. I guess I wanted to make sure I understand before attempting to give you advise....however...  I truly think you have a really bad attitute and aren't very nice... But...Good luck with your endeavors

Petra

Blsmbry2011
on 1/10/11 5:53 am
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/11 12:01 am - FL

Ok I am going to jump in cause Petra brings nothing to this board but rude **** Just block her and save yourself the trouble.

My best advise for you is too fight, you pay for your insurance. Fight till you have gotten to the top. Your insurance works for you. Stay positive, never give up

Hugs Kristen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views