bemrgrl
on 1/5/11 5:20 am
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say Hi, My name is jennifer and I am 33 years old and been struggling with weight since 22 years old. I have been on a few diets and nothing had really kept me down in weight ! I Had my first consultation with the surgeon yesterday and he said I am a healthy girl and will do great with the surgery. I am going to be doing the Vertical Sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) , My work insurance covers it but the only thing with that is I have to have the insurance for min of 2 years. I was seperated a year ago from my company and got rehired and now I am on My hubby's insurance and Mine and we are going to check with both of them and see which one will cover me. I am also been struggling with INFERTILITY and OH BOY is that a emotional, mentally draining. We have been trying for over 3 years and and still seeing a fertility doctor. Looking into adoption for now so at least we can be parents and I won't be too old to enjoy the kiddies.

If anyone has any feedback on VSG let me know. My BMI is 42.9 I am 5ft 1 in (I shrunk since 2 years ago , probley due to my back and neck issues ) Weight is around 227.

thank you
jennifer :)
Donna R.
on 1/6/11 8:37 am - Ocala, FL
Congratulations Jennifer on ,making the decision to have the surgery.  I had the RNY surgery and have been very pleased with the results.  My friend had the VSG and she is doing well also.  She had not lost as musch weight as I have but here starting weight was a lot lower than mine so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.  The reason I chose the RNY over the VSG was I have no will power, if I did, I wouldn't be the size I was and wouldn't have needed the surgery.  Being the VSG does not change your digestive system, you really have no restriction on the foods you eat, I would be afraid i would eat the things that I shouldn't and gain my weight back.  With the RNY if I have sugar I will get sick, if I have too much fat I will get sick.  this keeps me in check, I have hear about the "Dumping Syndrome" and I sure don't want to experience that!!!!!

No matter what surgery you choose, losing weight and regaining your health is the best thing.  Who knows this could help your fertility problem.

Best of Luck

Donna
Donna "Embrace the Journey"
AUGUST 18, 2010 "The First Day of the Rest (BEST) of my Life"

HW/SW/CW/GW  -  380/362/178/1??
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/11 8:34 am
Holy Crap Donna!!!!
102 lbs !!! I bet looking back now your wondering what all the fuss was, huh??

Congratulations

Petra
Blsmbry2011
on 1/7/11 10:27 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views