DS Surgeon in SW Florida?

sandyv63
on 1/3/11 5:46 am - Naples, FL

I am in the process of trying to get approved for this surgery, again, and I need to be prepared for when the happy news comes (keeping a positive attitude here.) I can't find ANY DS surgeon in the Naples/Ft. Myers area. Does anyone know of one? How about Miami/Ft. Lauderdale? I can always drive across the alley for this surgery if I have to but I would rather be closer to home.  TIA.

tigerjen77
on 1/3/11 11:05 am
I am wondering the same thing. (North/Central FL for me)
I went to dsfacts.com and there wasn't even a listing for Florida so I am guessing we are out of luck. :(
Linda F.
on 1/4/11 3:18 am - Tampa, FL
There are NO DS surgeons in Florida.  I went to Dr. Marchesini in Brazil for my surgery (I was a revision from an RNY to the DS).  Good Luck!

Linda
HW271/SW249/CW124.5/GW120

Emily F.
on 1/17/11 9:25 am
there are no ds surgeons in Fl. You can travel to Atlanta, The ds doctor in Miami went to NY. I went to Mexico, dsfacts.com has a list of vetted surgeons. I would ONLY go to a vetted surgeon.
sandyv63
on 1/17/11 11:33 am, edited 1/17/11 11:33 am - Naples, FL
I was going to do Mexico as well but I didn't have the $$ and I couldn't get approved for a loan because I have student loans (not in default.) My credit was fine otherwise but because I have three degree's worth of student loans, I was turned down. Then my insurance changed and now I will most likely get the surgery covered and I have decided on Mt. Sinai in NYC.. I am already in the process of getting all the pre-op testing done that Dr. Herron wants and I saw my PCP today who is totally on board with this. I have decided to go to Mt. Sinai for many reasons. I have a friend in the area that I can stay with making this a less expensive option. I can stay in the area as long as I want to whereas if I did it in Georgia, or any other state, I would have to pay for hotel and that would mean I would have to leave much sooner than I'd prefer. This way I have someone to keep an eye out on me and I have the option of returning to the surgeon if there are any complications, which I really don't anticipate. But you never know...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views