Hi! New here!

roseselene
on 12/12/10 9:51 am
Hi thre! I'm new here. I live in Clearwater.  I'm just in the very early stages of the weight loss surgery process. I've attended the surgeon's seminar and now I need to schedule my consult appointment.  I'm really not sure how long it will take from there, since I'm so new.  I do have insurance, so I'm guessing it may  take a while to get it approved through the insurance.  I'm going with Dr. Gonzalvo in Largo.  Planning to do the sleeve.  Has anyone used him?
Thanks!
Amy
Kathy G.
on 12/13/10 10:41 pm - Perrysburg, OH
Hi Amy

I'm new to Florida, but had my VSG Dec, 2008.  It's the best thing I did for myself.  You will have to go to dietary meetings for six months before your surgery.  This is reqired, as far as I know, for all weight loss surgeries for insurance companies.  The sleeve, in my opinion, is the best choice.  It's a whole new way of eating, actually not eating, that you will have to get used to.  Can't drink and eat at the same time anymore, but you get used to it, so no problem.  If I can be of any help to you, just let me know.  Good luck!!

KathyG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views