living in florida now

swimmergirrl
on 11/20/10 6:31 am - Branford, CT
Hi
I had an RNY in 2000.  I am 11 years out and I am looking for a good bariatric physician in the central florida area.  I live in Brevard county but I am realizing that Orlando is where I may need to go.  I have not been seen by my physician (I used to live in Ct, but moved 4 yrs ago) in almost 6 years and I can really feel it now. 

I need blood work done, as I am sure my levels are way off because of the fatigue I am living with and the hair loss that I continue to have.   I have gained a good amount of weight back, primarily my own fault as I began to start eating things that went down easier...it kind of snuck up on me until I started taking a good look at why  I noticed weight gain in the 5th year out...and can you believe it dawned on me...that protein was the LAST thing I would eat, duh!   I got too comfortable and I slowly started to forget that I was really and truly, a weight loss patient...unreal!

I also started working 2nd shift about that time and I started eating at crazy hours of the night...all contributing to weight gain.   Its been so long that I have been off track, I actually forgot HOW to eat.  Currently, I can eat just like anyone else and no one would think I had surgery to reduce the size of my stomach...wow, I went through so much to lose the weight and gain back my health...and here I sit without any clue on what I need to in regards to eating and supplements this far out of surgery. 

I have certain suspicions that I will need some form of revision, as I am convinced that something is not "right" medically.  I can eat  a good amount of food...I do not feel restriction anymore.  When I bend or twist in a certain way, my "insides" cramp or twist and they dont straighten out...it becomes painful until I feel things finally move back in place...I am wondering if adhesions or something could be causing me to not be able to do simple things like bend over to tie my shoe...

Anyway, I have gotten insurance, that I think  will finally cover bariatric issues (Aetna health fund) so I started the process of looking for a primary care physician...but the providers around here really do not  understand my anatomy or the issues I am having, so I am now on the hunt for a good bariatric doctor...someone who would not be worried about taking on an 11 year post op RNY patient who may need some surgical intervention...definitely some nutrition advice and help on releiving the massive fatigue that keeps me once again, from living my best life.

Can anyone off suggestions on who to seek in the Orlando or the Brevard county area??  I would be so greatful...
take care
LMR
IGDiva
on 11/20/10 9:25 am - Orlando, FL
 Dr. Kim in Celebration is wonderful!  He's my surgeon so I am a little biased.  I have also heard wonderful things about Dr. Marema he has an office in Orlando, there is another surgeon in Orlando, but I am not remembering his name.  Here's Dr. Kim's website, http://www.floridabariatric.com/.

Good Luck, 
Lisa
Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
ajilimoly
on 11/20/10 12:43 pm - Deltona, FL
Dr.Robert Marema is the more experiense and with the best credencials I founded at the moment in Orlando area.
Emily F.
on 11/21/10 8:05 am
I would get a pcp immediately and get the labwork listed on vitalady's website ASAP. Being this far out and not having labwork done in years, can mean some really bad stuff. Get that this week! Then worry about a revision or seeing a bariatic surgeon.
swimmergirrl
on 11/26/10 3:22 am, edited 11/26/10 3:53 am - Branford, CT
Hi Emily

Oh yes, I do have a PCP right now and had my labs done...and my hemoglobin is low, my parathyroid is working a bit over what it should be, my thryroid is low...my B12 is low...lots of lows, lol.  I am following her instructions on what I need to do to get me back where I need to be...but again, she does not have too much experience with people like me, so that is the reason I am seeking a good doc who understands weight loss surgery and what their specific needs are.  I guess I should have said that I have not been seen by a bariatric doc in years, but I do get seen by a doctor in my area....I just need now, to re-establish my self with a bariatric doctor down here... to address not only my nutrition but some of the medical things that I may need to investigate...I think I may check on Dr Marema, I have heard some good things about him...
take care and thanks!!

How nice to know that Michelle is still the vitalady, hehe....she and a few others were my mentors when I first stared out....

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/10 8:03 am
http://www.jawadmd.com/
He has been doing WLS for a long time, he has an office in Orlando. I am very happy with the ongoing care I have been receiving after the lapband..Call them...what do you have to lose?
Where in Brevard are you? I live near Cocoa

Petra
swimmergirrl
on 11/26/10 3:25 am - Branford, CT
Hi Petra...wow, I live near cocoa too...How nice to see that there is someone in this area too!  I will call Dr Jawad...I see that he has many patients on this site...thanks for the info!
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/10 3:33 am
Welcome to the hood,,,nice to know some people are still moving in,,I was under the impression everybody is leaving

Did you retire??
Petra
swimmergirrl
on 11/26/10 3:50 am - Branford, CT
noo, I have 25 more years before I can do that, lol.

my parents live here, so we came to be closer to them as they get older,  when the economy went south, so did we, lol.  I see you have a shuttle shot ...looks like the shot I have from my own balcony window...you may be very close to me.
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/10 5:03 am
I'm in Canaveral Groves,,,amids the "Natives'. They havn't noticed us yet :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views