NEED HELP WITH SWEETS

JUNEA1948
on 11/8/10 3:51 am - FL

I have a real bad craving for sweets.  Not just a little, but a lot.  To the point I get sick.  With the holidays coming up this is going to be real rough.  Had RNY 32 months ago and DO NOT want to gain again.  Have already started. 

Have tried drinking water (getting water logged), sugar free treats (not the same taste), walking (worse when I get back), sleeping (up within a couple of hours craving), etc.

Isn't there something that can be taken to curve this.  You know, like alcoholics take a pill.

Can really use some suggestions.  I know it is all in my head and I really do not want to see a shrink if I don't have to.

Thank you all.

June Ann

Shaesnana
on 11/8/10 9:22 pm - Davenport, FL
Hi there,
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with the sweets.   Are you giving in to your cravings at all?  Cause if you are giving in the cravings will continue.  If you are NOT giving in and still having such strong cravings I would say it must be in your head.   But, either way, hmmmm......

Sounds like you're trying to distract yourself and it's not working.   I know I hear in the forums of some RNY folks who can tolerate a little bit of sugar.   Have you tried giving in to the real thing by having a piece of dark choc or something small?   For me, I'm afraid if I started I would go overboard.   Are there maybe other foods you're eating that have sugar in them like salad dressings, ketchup, barbecue sauce, marinades that have sugar in the ingredientsthat could be setting up the cravings?

As far as the holidays coming up, I know, I am a bit worried about getting thru them food wise too.   It's gonna be hard for sure.   I haven't even had my surgery yet but will be shortly.  You've already gone thru one Christmas holiday.  How did you do then?

You know if you continue to gain weight you are not going to feel good about yourself.  I guess it comes down to, "is it worth it?"  

Are you posting on th RNY forum also to see what others do?   I feel for you, honestly I do.
I wish you the best and wish I had the magic potion for you, but I don't.  Wish I could be more help.

Lyn.
Emily F.
on 11/9/10 8:20 am
Just make sure you have something 'good' to eat whereever you go and always eat protein first. I plan on bringing pumpkin mousse or low carb cheesecake or low carb pumpkin pie and take everywhere with me. Make sure I load up with protein and then have a slice of the dessert. All the desserts are made with splenda.

If its still a problem for you, you may need to check out overeatersanonymous.com. They can educate you on trigger foods and how to abstain.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views