Insurance Changing to Cigna

butterfly7
on 11/4/10 6:43 am

My husband's insurance will change effective Jan 2011. I started my 6 month weight loss process required by his previous insurance Blue cross BS of Alabama. I have to choose between a Cigna ppo 250 Ded, Cigna PPO 400 Ded or Cigna HRA Ded 2400. Cigna does cover baractric surgery. I am unsure what plan to pick.

Does anyone have knowledge of Cigna? Wil I have to statr my 6 month supv weight loss over in January when new insurnce becomes effective?

Any help is appreciated.
HarleysValentine
on 11/23/10 10:32 pm - Orlando, FL
I am going to answer this based on my similar situation. I currently have a Cigna PPO that changes to Cigna HMO 1/1/11. I would recommend getting the insurance that is going to allow you the lowest deductible (so less out of pocket when you have surgery) so I think that would be the Cigna PPO 250. You can always change it the following year since that would probably be the most expensive. As far as the 6 months, you don't have to restart it, just continue on with it. I know all insurance is a bit different (I think it also goes by requirements set in place by your employer) but you may also need an eval by a psych and dietician (I needed both of these) and with these I would recommend doing them at the end since they are the "easiest"! :)

Hope this helped!
Jennie
butterfly7
on 11/23/10 11:04 pm
Thank you Jennie for responding. I chose the Cigna HRA. i hope I dont regret it. I had to chosse before NOv 12, 2010. God Bless and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
butterfly7
on 11/23/10 11:08 pm
I noticed u are considering Surgeon Muhammad Jawad. I am thnking about changing to him. He is on the list of my new insurance. He is also considrered one of the best WL surgeons.

I live in jacksonville, Florida . I dont know how it is going to work out yet.
HarleysValentine
on 11/24/10 11:21 am - Orlando, FL
I think no matter what you are going to be pleased with their customer service. I was impressed with Cigna and it takes alot to impress me as far as customer service goes nowadays! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views