Calling All Lurkers!!!

Donna R.
on 11/1/10 6:33 am - Ocala, FL
I see that the Florida Forum has a lot of Lurkers.  This Post is for all you Lurkers...

The forum is a wonderful place to make friends, share ideas, ask questions.  We can make this the best forum on OH, but we need your help.  Instead of lurking, add a comment, start a topic or ask a question.

There are so many knowledgeable posters here that are just waiting to chat with you.

If you don't know where to start then just post a Hello, and introduce yourself.

My name is Donna and I am a former Luker!!!!
Donna "Embrace the Journey"
AUGUST 18, 2010 "The First Day of the Rest (BEST) of my Life"

HW/SW/CW/GW  -  380/362/178/1??
Donna R.
on 11/2/10 10:46 pm - Ocala, FL
As of this morning there has been 11 viewers of this post, but there has been no posters.

Come on Lurkers, stop and say hello!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/10 2:13 am - FL
Hey Donna, I am still around
Donna R.
on 11/3/10 6:57 am - Ocala, FL
Hey Kristen,

I'm glad you are here, I was begining to worry.  I am trying to get this forum going but it's like pulling teeth!!!

Some of the other state forums are really active, I would like florida to be the same way.

How's married life treating you?

verna54
on 11/3/10 2:44 pm - FL

Hi,

I'm Verna.

I don't have any guestions. When I did I found the answers here or another site. I just got my band Oct. 11th and I am do great.

Verna        
JUNEA1948
on 11/4/10 1:29 am - FL
It's been a while since I have been a lucker or on site.  It has been 30 months since my RNY.  Started at 298 and lost an initial 135 pounds but have put back on about 17 so I am working towards getting that back off and a little more.  I am going to a support group meeting every month and I think that is what has helped me not gain any more.  Lost significant other in Feb and that is what put on the backslide. 

Big thing now is getting some good recipes for the holidays.  So if there are any good ones out there, please post.

Everyone have a great day.

June :-}

June Ann

Donna R.
on 11/4/10 11:09 am - Ocala, FL
Hi June,

Thanks for posting, it's nice to meet other Floridians.  It sounds as though you are on the right track. Going to the support group meeting s and posting here should give you the support you need.

May I ask how you gained some of your weight back?  What type of surgery did you have?  Maybe because I am so new that I am afraid of eating things that I shouldn't in fear of dumping, I am staying away from the foods that I think will make me have a weight gain.

If you need a sounding board feel free to contact me.

Donna

desire2bthin52
on 11/4/10 3:01 am - Ocala, FL
Hey Donna, I see you have lost a lot more. That'great! Things are going VERYYYYY SLOWLYYYYY for me. 5½ weeks out and only lost 21 lbs. since surgery. I started back to the gym this week and going everyday. Hope that helps. I'm doing everything right but have no appetite. Just making sure I get in everything I need to including protein & liquids etc. All right choices but I wi**** would go a little faster. Hey, by the way, how did you put HW/SW/CW/GW on your tracker?
Started new life 9/27/10.  On the road to a "New & Improved" me thanks to the fine skills of Dr. Jawad.

Donna R.
on 11/4/10 11:05 am - Ocala, FL
Hey Denise, Don't worry about your weight loss, it seems like it's slow but I was at about the same weight loss at 5 weeks.  It will come off, you are doing everything by the book.  I am 11 weeks out an have lost 48 lbs. since surgery, so see it's about the same we are averaging 4+ lbs a week, that's not bad.

I look forward to seeing you at the next support group meeting.  I will try to get there a little earlier to get a seat!! LOL

Did you respond to the Holiday Party? 

To put your HW/SW/CW, go to "MY OH"  click on message board, scroll down to where your ticker is under the signature section and type the info under your ticker.

Talk to you soon.

Donna

Janet C.
on 11/4/10 3:58 pm - FL
HI I am Janet. I have not posted on any OH forum in months......I do lurke just a little.
 Dr. Jawad did my Lap band surgery jan 2009. So far I am down roughly 97 pounds. I have been stable ( within the same 4-5 pounds) since March. I am in the process of getting opinions and quotes for a total abdominal[lasty and possible breast lift.
I am doing well. I am pleased with my results. Ultimately I would love to loose another 25 or so but if I don;t I am happy right where I am...
Nice to meet all of you.

Janet C   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views