(deactivated member)
on 10/23/10 4:06 am, edited 6/29/11 3:17 pm
LadyPao09
on 10/24/10 2:25 am - Miami, FL
Hi Angel:

I went to Dr Sosa's seminar on October 7,2010. I have Medicaid HMO with JMH and I am still waiting for the office to call me. They take forever. I know Dr Sosa is a great Doctor and you should not change it. But I also know that you need to be on top of the staff since they take forever to get back to you. Dont worry!!! Hopefully everything will work fine. keep me posted it ok.

Diana
Donna R.
on 10/27/10 1:08 pm - Ocala, FL
Hi Angelyn,

I am glad you decided to have WLS.  This has been the best thing I have ever done.

You are right, by checking out the surgeons in your area.  The one thing that you said has me concerned.  You stated that Dr. Sosa has had ONLY 16 death out of 4000 surgeries.  Well, that's alarming.  My surgeon has had ONLY 1 death and he has performed 4000 + surgeries.  Please check into Dr. Sosa's statistics.

Whatever decision you make, good luck and embrace the journey.

Donna
Donna "Embrace the Journey"
AUGUST 18, 2010 "The First Day of the Rest (BEST) of my Life"

HW/SW/CW/GW  -  380/362/178/1??
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/11 5:23 pm
You know how you avoid Seizures and Death!?

Go for the Sleeve is the best choice you'll ever make!!!
I'll be Blunt the RNY is HORRIBLE. Avoid it. to many DEATHS!
If you don't believe just simply google the deaths related to the RNY, DS.
and to much darn COMPLICATIONS with the CRAP-BAND after a few years.
I hate how people like to say "Ohh it's not the surgeons fault". Many times IT IS!
it's not always about those patients having problems before surgery.
I call it B.S.

Do not believe everything everyone said's. I've done Years and Years of Research.

The TRUTH is the SLEEVE is becoming POPULAR
Go for it!

Do not settle for less.
Shaesnana
on 11/6/10 7:57 am - Davenport, FL
Hi Angelyn,
I realize your post is a couple weeks ago.  Have you heard from them now??  Hope so.
I just found out that medicare will not cover the sleeve.  That's what I was thinking of also after doing much research.   I live in central Fl near Disney.   There's an excellent bariatric program where I am going in Kissimmee Fl.   Sounds like yours.   There were tons of people at both the seminar and the support group I attended.   I wish you the best.
Lyn.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views