Tampa -- Dr. Murr

garnet408
on 9/21/10 8:39 am - Tampa , FL
Had my surgery done by Dr Murr  on 12/09/09.. @ Tampa General.... I just love him and his staff... I had RNY ,Hiatial Hernia Repair ,Gall Bladder Removal and Liver Biopsy. all done on the same day..He is a gifted surgeon...I had no issues .and was up n moving in 3 days.... Good luck to U !!! with your  weight loss surgery  ..Make sure to listen to his directions and advice... They give u a booklet which details each phase....Remember Sip Sip Sip..nn Chew Chew Chew.....They also have pre surgery support meetings and post surgery meetings each month. post meetings are great and .each month they have a feature speaker  and then they open it up to group for a Q&A...
Good Luck Anna Duffy... 

Anna

Debbie P.
on 9/23/10 12:39 am - Wesley Chapel, FL
I'm going through the pre-op stuff for Dr. Murr, but I wanted to let you know that I've received nothing but good feedback about him.  

My rheumatologist said if you're going to have WLS done, that's who to have it done through, and my primary doctor actually specifically sent his own mother to Dr. Murr instead of a closer hospital for a non-WLS surgical procedure, because Dr. Murr is the only surgeon he trusted.  That says a lot to me.

TGH is the first bariatric surgical center in the US to be considered a Center of Excellence.

The statistics that I received from them were very encouraging.  I believe they said that the National average risk of death from WLS is 2%, but Dr. Murr is less than .5%.   That is especially meaningful, as they handle the 'sickest of sick' in terms of average weight in their patients.   

BadGirlinFL
on 9/28/10 11:35 am - Tampa, FL
 You must have EXCELLENT insurance, since they referred you to the BEST of the BEST.  Dr. Murr performed my RNY 3 years ago, and I have nothing but excellent things to say about him and his staff.  You will be in the best hands, of one of the most experienced surgeons in the area.  Good Luck w/your upcoming surgery.

Start 248.4 ~~~ Current 134 ~~~ GOAL 145

Erika T.
on 9/28/10 4:05 pm - Homosassa, FL
5 years ago Dr. Murr did my surgery... he is FANTASTIC... and the staff at TGH were great too... you will be in good hands... Good Luck on your surgery!
Guernica Loser
on 9/29/10 5:56 pm
On August 31, 2010 at 10:59 AM Pacific Time, TREnglish wrote:
Because of my insurance, I will have to go to Tampa or Ocala for RNY.  My primary doc says Tampa is the better choice.   I'd love to hear some glowing reviews of Dr. Murr before I make the final decision!
I didn't have Dr. Murr but I know he kicks ass at what he does.  I would go with him!
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views