Tampa -- Dr. Murr

TREnglish
on 8/31/10 3:59 am
Because of my insurance, I will have to go to Tampa or Ocala for RNY.  My primary doc says Tampa is the better choice.   I'd love to hear some glowing reviews of Dr. Murr before I make the final decision!
RachelCollera
on 8/31/10 4:59 am - Tampa, FL
Wow,  ty for this post!  I was able to start the process of my surgery! Amazing! Dr. Murr is a professor at usf here in Tampa and also a director at Tampa General. I will be glad to get my surgery done by him and very gracious for your post it is veryyyyyyyy hard to find a surgeon in this area that accepts my insurance. Rachel
suannedj
on 9/1/10 1:40 am

I had surgery 10 months ago with Dr. Murr. It was the best decision of my life.  He is the most qualified surgeon and his bed side manner is exceptional. You will be glad to work with  him and his staff during this wonderful journey. 

SuzeAnne VanDiverLW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Tampa FL

TREnglish
on 9/1/10 4:18 am
So happy to hear you liked him!  I do love that they have a whole team to work with throughout the process. 
"I'm gaining strength, trying to learn to pull my own weight, but I'm gaining pounds at the precipice of too late."
Pamela W.
on 9/3/10 11:29 am - Bartow, FL
 Dr. Murr is incredible! He did my surgery 8/18/10 and a week later I was feeling awesome!  He's one of the top ten leading bariatric surgeon's in the nation.  He sits on the board of  the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (http://www.asmbs.org/).  If you don't know this site, check it out before you have surgery.  For a surgeon, he is one of the most compassionate I've ever met. His staff are wonderful, from Susan to Liz to Barbara (who you will get to know).  Girl, he knows his stuff so go for it!!!!! Good luck!

TREnglish
on 9/16/10 3:38 am
I've been reading your blog and I can't begin to tell you how much it's helping me that you've detailed the whole experience (down to the ass flavor swallow test liquid, LOL) from start to finish.  I feel so good about the idea of Dr. Murr doing my surgery.  Thanks!
"I'm gaining strength, trying to learn to pull my own weight, but I'm gaining pounds at the precipice of too late."
Pamela W.
on 9/16/10 8:13 am - Bartow, FL
LOL I knew that this particular journey I wanted in total writing so I could go back and reflect.  However, the ASS flavored Swallow Test Liquid ((I like your name for it)) is something I will NEVER forget LOL Seriously, it's not all that bad but yeah it's bad. 

TREnglish
on 9/16/10 9:49 pm

I tend to self edit a lot when I write, so I'm starting a video diary this weekend.  I plan to do it through the planning stages, surgery, recovery and maintenance.  Then maybe I'll cut clips of it together and have a little movie of my journey that shows the changes in my life and appearance.

Pamela W.
on 9/26/10 7:12 am - Bartow, FL
Wow friend - you can't ask for better posts than this! I promise Dr. Murr rocks :)

Pamela W.
on 9/18/10 2:35 pm - Bartow, FL
Let me know how that video diary goes! I'd be very interested
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr