An update on my RNY last week

Pamela W.
on 8/25/10 12:01 pm - Bartow, FL
Hi everyone:

Sorry I haven't been here sooner but life has been a whirlwind. Just a quick update. Surgery went well.  RYY is done. POST OP - one week and have lost 13 pounds !!!!!! Yay :) No nausea, no vomiting, no bad reactions to ANYTHING.  This has been a dream :) Yes, the head hunger has been hard.  But, this too shall pass. More updates coming on my blog! Peace out :) 

Guernica Loser
on 8/27/10 5:07 am
Good News!!!  Keep going....
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

Pamela W.
on 9/3/10 11:37 am - Bartow, FL
 Thanks so much ;)

twinkle6810
on 9/8/10 9:35 am - Gulf Breeze, FL
wow thats good .Had my RNYthe 31st of aug ,it went well  ,up and walking the same day ,asked DR if i can go home and he said have to do test in moring ,i was ready to get up and go ,still on phase 3 lost 19lbs in two week .i love my RNY

Pamela W.
on 9/9/10 9:39 am - Bartow, FL
I love it too.  I was full of energy the first two weeks two and then had to slow down a bit because I was having some incision pain and didn't want it to lead to a hernia. Since then all has been great and am healing pretty well. I haven't had nausea up until around yesterday when everything I ate kinda made me feel puny (nauseous, shaky, dizzy).  So, I did some reading and I think my sugar levels were going too low.  So, I made a small baked potato - ate the insides only (about 1/4 cup) and I feel much better.  I've never been a diabetic before but that feeling sure sucked!  I know they say no carbs but that just can't be healthy.  I see the surgeon tomorrow and will talk to him about it. Congrats on your surgery! On the flipside, the things that are happening to me as a person are incredible! Just the emotions and happiness I have from losing weight. From surgery, I've lost 36 pounds in three weeks.  I lost five the week before surgery. It's been fantastic :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views