How far out are you FL gang?

lea2be
on 7/20/10 8:47 am - LaBelle, FL
I am nearing my 4 year surgiversary.  I've lost about 200 pounds and am so much happier with the new me than I ever was as the old me!  I teach full-time at the local High School since getting this new life.  Prior to then, I couldn't find a job, but they're not discriminating against fat people or anything.....NO!! 

How about you guys??
Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

Lea in WV   HW410/CW220/GW185   Proximal RNY 8/29/06
ObesityHelp Mini-Challenge Support Group Leader
CLICK HERE for discount codes for savings on various WLS-friendly products!

minches
on 7/20/10 11:44 pm

WOW! That is awsome!!

I'm not even 2 months out! But I'm losing slowly but surely!!!

5'6"  HW 310      Updated goal from 165 to 160 !!!
lea2be
on 7/20/10 11:52 pm - LaBelle, FL
You were a bit of a lightweight...  You guys tend to lose a bit slowly!  But, it is far easier to reach your goals than mine!
Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

danacruz
on 7/21/10 1:13 am - Deltona, FL
Today is my ONE YEAR Mark!!
I've lost 118 pounds, went from a size 24 to a size 8!
I still have almost 30 pounds to go, been having some serious stalls the past few months, but I am hoping to reach my goal!

Dana                           
lea2be
on 7/21/10 1:21 am - LaBelle, FL
You ladies started at almost the same beginning weight!  Dana--great job!  You look wonderful!

Lovin' Life with Lea

emjayel56
on 7/21/10 2:07 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

Hi Lea and congrats on all you have accomplished.  My revision from band to RNY was just under 1 year ago (August is my surgiversary).  I have lost a total of 151 lbs. and currently below goal weight at 138 lbs.  I concur with your remark about the discrimination and totally believe had I not lost weight I would never have been given the opportunity for such a great job.  They say that this is not really a discrimination that exists but those that have lived it know otherwise.   Again you did amazing on your journey and thanks for the inspiration.

Maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

lea2be
on 7/21/10 8:51 am - LaBelle, FL
Maryjo,
You've done a great job this past year!  Way to go!  Now the hard part starts--maintenance.  Well, a lot of folks say it is the hard part.  I don't think it is if you have truly learned the new lifestyle by the time you get there.  If you have made the changes necessary, then it is just stage 2....more of the same!  We had this surgery to be "normal," right??  Well, normal people eat reasonable portions of healthy foods AND exercise!  We have to do that too!
Hugs,
Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

emjayel56
on 7/27/10 3:06 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

Thanks Lea ... I could not have said it better myself!  Thanks for your wisdom.  Have a great day.

Maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

MSW will not settle
on 7/24/10 4:37 pm
Congratulations on your fabulous new life.  Many of us are no strangers to fat descrimination. 

I'm going on a year and a half out next month.  I once wore a 2x.  Last week I bought a skirt and had to give it away because a size small was too big.  Who could have guessed that I would be wearing a size extra small. 
I      my RNY! 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views