Medicaid

caro.lina10
on 7/18/10 3:38 pm - Miami, FL
Hello, does anyone know how long it takes for medicaid to approve surgery here in Fl?? We just got medicaid and my husband is beginning the process for surgery. I had my sleeve in Dec. 08 and have no regrets at all. I was approved within a week because I had a different insurance then. any input is appreciated. Thanks! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/10 9:44 am
I had my surgery covered by Medicaid in 2009. The surgery is not covered under straight medicaid, where you have the gold card. You need to pick a plan. The plan that I chose was Humana. You may want to call and speak to a choice counselor and have them give you the names and numbers of the plans covered by medicaid, call them to see if they cover wls. You can go to this website http://www.flmedicaidreform.com to get the right number for the county that you're in.

Hope I was somewhat helpful.

Lyne
caro.lina10
on 7/21/10 3:57 am - Miami, FL
So with humana, how long dos it take for Medicaid to approve you?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/10 9:30 am
Well, with Humana as long as you complete your required 6mth visits and have seen a nutritionist and had your psych eval, you're in the clear--mine had already been completed 3 mths prior. I was let go by the company that I worked for...was even sched to have my surgery with them Dec. 31, 2008. With me, the dr's ofc submitted my paperwork for approval to Humana on Thurs. April,30,2009, I received a call from my dr's ofc on Mon. May 4,2009 saying that I was approved to have surgery the following Friday may 15th,2009. I thought that was a bit too close, I was scared, so I went with the next avail date to have my suregery, which was June 3rd,2009.
LadySmith
on 9/13/10 8:03 am - Milton, FL
Wow!!!! Thank you for the info!!! I'm looking it up as we speak!!!!!
"To know that one life is to have breathed easier because I have lived.
This is to have succeeded."
-Emerson
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views