Air/Gas in my chest + vomiting

lbs_b_gone
on 7/7/10 2:07 pm
I'm a week post op from having the FOBI POUCH and I've been having severe pain in my chest when I go to eat or drink anything. I've been vomiting up clear liquid all day long and it has tiny bubbles.  This is so painful.  Please let me know if anyone has experienced this in the past. Dr. Jawad is sending me for x-rays in the morning.  I'm so scared and don't know what to do.  It hurts so bad when I go to drink or digest anything.  It's a sharp pain when I swallow and then I fill like my chest expands with air.  Never had a heart attack but that's what it feels like to me. Please help with any advice.

Thanks,

Yolanda
Thanks,

Yolie
Donna R.
on 7/7/10 10:34 pm - Ocala, FL
Yolie, I sorry for everything you are going through. I know I can't relate to your symptoms but I just wanted to let you know I will say a little prayer for you. Please keep us informed after you have your xrays. Did Dr. Jawad want to see you in his office? Did he give you any inkling as to what it may be?

Take care of yourself.

Donna
lbs_b_gone
on 7/7/10 11:28 pm
Yes, he wants me to come to his office following the xrays. Yesterday he said the pain was associated with me still being swollen on the inside. I'm not sure but I really want to find out what's going on
Thanks,

Yolie
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/10 11:44 pm - FL
I had that gas from hell but I would call the doc and see what they say. Feel better soon!
Hugs Kristen
minches
on 7/7/10 11:57 pm

I had it too with bubbly foamy vomit and chest pain. My Dr said it I was esophageal spasms and kept me in the hospital 2 extra days on pain meds until it passed. After about 5 days post surgery I was fine with small sips of fluid.

I know how you feel and how painful it is but ti will pass. He sent me home with muscle relaxers for my esophagus and they really helped.

5'6"  HW 310      Updated goal from 165 to 160 !!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/10 11:30 am
I'm starting to feel guilty for not having any problems ecxept having a headache in the hospital..I have heard the nurse say that the gas they put into you pressing on the inside trying to get out feels like one is having a heart attack..I hope you feel better soon

Petra
lbs_b_gone
on 7/8/10 1:12 pm
Just wanted to update everyone.... Well, I'm not sure what was going on yesterday, but today I'm feeling much better.  I went to the hospital for x-rays and they all came out fine.  I'm not feeling any pain so we'll just have to see how things go.  Keep me lifted up in prayer and I really appreciate everyone responses and concern.  Once again thank you all and God bless.

Yolanda
Thanks,

Yolie
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/10 11:23 pm - FL
Yolanda
I am so glad you are feeling better. Keep walking, I had that gas for two weeks but walking always helped me.
Hugs Kristen
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/10 7:56 pm - Tampa, FL
I'm glad that you are feeling better Yolanda, that gas can be a pain, but every day more and more of it escapes your body.  jUst keep doing what you are supposed to be doing, walk, drink, rest, walk, drink, rest.......................

Steve
unidos
on 7/12/10 1:24 am - Deland, FL
Buy some gas x strips from walgreens...helps with the gas. glad you're feeling better

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views