i need help

wblagg123
on 7/7/10 8:34 am - Bradenton, FL
hello my name is willaim im 26 im 6'1 and 375 lbs i have  3 kids a wife and a baby on the way , im tired of not being able to play outside with my kids , im tired of not being able to envolve myself with my sons sports activities , i have health ease through medicaid i am trying to find a doctor and or surgeon who can help me , everyone i called said they dont accept my insurance , i tried going through my insurance and they keep giving numbers of people who have nothing to do with the surgery ( their sending me in circle's) please help anyone *****ads help me take my life back not only for me but for my family  thank you and god bless
lbs_b_gone
on 7/7/10 2:09 pm

I think Dr. Jawad's office accepts medicaid 352-351-5770

Thanks,

Yolie
lbs_b_gone
on 7/7/10 2:12 pm
Below is some more information from another memeber's posting.  Hope this helps...

Post Date: 6/2/10 10:02 am
This is the list I got from Medipass of doctors on their network for Bariatric surgery... This is only a list for the Miami area.  I will paste a copy here:

BARIATRIC SURGEONS (GASTRIC BYPASS)
Dr. Jorge Luis Sosa 305-558-0411
Dr. Juan Fleites 305-856-1002
Dr. Nestor De La Cruz Munoz 305-856-4385
Dr. Eric Valladares 305-558-0411

Dr Jorge Luis Sosa and Juan Fleites accepts Medicaid (with the following manage care HMO or Medipass) and they both do gastric bypass surgeries and the lap band surgeries. Dr Nelson de la Cruz Munoz does not accept Medicaid and the client will be responsible for his fees, however he uses Medicaid for the hospital fees and he also does the lapband surgery.

****PLEASE NOTE SPECIFICATIONS****
Disclaimer:
** Doctors and health care providers do not have to see Medicaid patients. We have tried to make sure the providers listed are seeing Medicaid patients before sending the list to you. It is possible that right now these providers are not seeing Medicaid patients. If you have trouble finding a provider, please call our office at (305) 593-3000 and we will try to find a provider for you. **

Hope this helps anyone who had questions about doctors that take Medicaid here in Miami. I am going to try to get one for Broward county as well. Will update if they send it to me.

Thanks,

Yolie
Ambria
on 7/8/10 8:25 am
I had sort of the same thing -- I have medicare, insurance is Wellcare.  No one took my insurance. I finally found Dr. Rehnke in St. Petersburg (I live in Orlando area) and had my surgery on June 29, 2010.  Just hang in there.  What I did was found every surgeon in the state that was close to me, and emailing me until one came around and said -- yes, they too my insurance.

So hang in there.

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/10 8:14 pm - Tampa, FL
You have to take charge of your life, you have to take charge of this part of your weight loss surgery journey.  Call your insurance company, verify first that they cover weight loss surgery, if they do, then get the names of surgeons in your area that accept your insurance, ( your insurance comapny has this information).  If they are giving you the wrong information, then call back and speak with a supervisor; if need be, work your way up the line until you get what you want.  Once you get the names, then go talk to the surgeons.  There are not a lot of bariatric surgeons who take medicaid, so your choices may be limited, or you may have to travel a ways to see a surgeon, some surgeons only do so many medicaid patients a year too, so you may have a longer weight; but you won't know any of this until you get through the insurance comapny first.

Remember that insurance companies do not like spending money, and will do anything to delay paying out, so be ready to fight them.  Nobody can do this except you, you have to want it bad enough to be willing to fight for it; if you give up, the insurance comapny wins.  Remember, they don't give a **** about you, your wife, or your four kids,

Good luck,
Steve
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/10 1:54 am
Well knowing that medicaid will not be paying for your surgery, have you  considered finding someone to  finance your WLS? I know that there are companies that can save you 50-70 on your medical costs by traveling to another country. Let me know if you are interested and I can do some more research for you. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views