Took Everyone's Advice

Donna R.
on 7/6/10 3:59 am - Ocala, FL
I took everyone's advice and I call Dr. Jawad's office first thing this morning.  I tried getting a hold of Odalys but of course I got her voicemail, I sure she was busy returning calls from the weekend.  I hung up and didn't leave a message.  I called right back and hit "0" to speak to a live body.  I explained my situation and was put on hold, I waited and waited and when she finally came back on the line it was Odalys that pick up.  I again explained my situation and she informed me that everything was sent to the insurance company for approval.  So hopefully I will be hearing something soon.  Wish me luck!!!

Donna
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/10 4:37 am
SEE, I am certain they don't mean to ignore us......sometimes you just havta keep pushing :]

-
Donna R.
on 7/6/10 5:16 am - Ocala, FL
I just don't want them pushing me back, as in surgery date!!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/10 2:45 am
It would make no sense to "punish"  you by not giving you the earliest possible date available....Wouldn't you think if you're a pain in the butt..they wanna get rid of you first :)))))))

Just hang in there and don't get frustrated...it's only paperwork....you've waited this long....it'll be here faster then you think....Keep practicing the new eating habits, it'll make the "after" easier..
lbs_b_gone
on 7/6/10 12:42 pm
Hey just seen your post and thought I would let you know... I've been dealing with Dr. Jawad's office since 2004.  To make a long story short I started the quest again in Feb. 2010 and you have to stay on top of things and keep a log of every time you speak to someone and document everything they tell you.  For some strange reason I would always have to relay the information from the insurance company to them because they would say they haven't received it yet (back logged???).  I've called Odalys, sent emails etc., but the only way you will be able to talk to her is if she's in the office.  Not sure if she's busy or what, but she did not return any of my voice mails or email messages.  Good luck just stay on top of it with following up.  Roberto is the guy in the office that will handle the FMLA paperwork and he's great!!!  Anyways best of wishes and keep us posted.

Yolanda
Surgery 06/28/2010 Fobi Pouch Dr. Jawad
Thanks,

Yolie
Donna R.
on 7/6/10 10:22 pm - Ocala, FL
Thanks Yolie,  I am finally seeing the light and now know the correct way to handle thi situation.

How did your surgery go?  You said you have been dealing with this office since 2004, did you have a prior surgery to this recent one?  If so why?, If not what made you finally make the decision to do it now?

Donna
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/10 8:26 pm - Tampa, FL
Donna, sometimes you have to remind the surgeon's staff that you are a customer, and their boss will not get paid if you don't get what you need. 

Good luck,

Steve
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views