New Banders, Dr. Jawad in Ocala

Diane W.
on 6/30/10 3:31 am
Revision on 08/10/12
I had my band done in another state but now have to go to Dr. Jawads office.  I live in the Orlando area and have to be seen in the Ocala office.  They say that after the first visit I can be seen in Orlando.  It seems a little crazy to me also, but that's Tricare. 

I've left multiple messages and even sent an email with no response so I know how you all feel.  Hopefully when I meet the Dr. this week I will be a little more impressed.  I had such a great Dr. and his staff was great, so this is really a let down. 

Everyone looks like they are doing well!  Keep it up.
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/10 4:19 am
I look at it from the other side.....What if they had totally nothing to do but answer the phone, and put advertising in the paper....I know the Dr is sought after and busy because he is good..They do NOT Not answer the phone because the are twiddling their thumbs or are out playing golf.
You are right there is no excuse for not returning E-mails.. Try my approach..talk to the person answering the phone..if they put you on voice mail..call back..keep calling back till you get your questions answered. The greasy wheel.... :)

Petra
Donna R.
on 7/4/10 4:32 am, edited 7/4/10 4:34 am - Ocala, FL
Happy 4th everyone! I am still waiting for Odalys to call me back, now I have left 3 messages, my husband has left one and I have sent an email also. All I am looking to find out what is the next step in the process. I have fullfilledall the rquirements that my ins. co asked and the results have been sent to Dr.Jawads office, but they haven't been sent to the ins co for approval yet. How long should this take once the info is recieved by th doctors office. I keep checking with my ins. co, but they have not received anything from the dr. office. I'm ready to get this going!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/10 4:43 am
I wish I could answer you. I have tricare and the approval was effortless. I got the Blood work done and took it with me to my 1st meeting. I didn't need psych or diet thing. I decided to have the op in Feb, had the first meet in March and was operated on 6/30....Remember how long it took us to get to this weight..and start practicing the chew and eat slow thing. Start with the proteins, that way you will have a head start when the ball gets rolling. Did you try it my way...? Speak to the one answering the phone? Try asking for sheila (i think) She is Dr jawads assistant, maybe that'll help. Good luck
Petra
Donna R.
on 7/4/10 6:35 am - Ocala, FL
Thanks Petra, I will be calling the office again on Tuesday.  I just don't want to be known as a pain in the neck.

Donna
Tammy32817
on 7/4/10 7:08 am - Orlando, FL
The same thing happened to me. I would call and leave messages, send emails but had no reply. Finally, I spoke with the person on the phone and made the comment that I never get a return phone call and am getting aggravated with the whole thing.  Within 10 minutes, Odalys called me back, said that she had made the claim to my insurance co and was waiting on a phone call from them.  Then I received a phone call back about an hour or so later and she told me that I had the approval and scheduled my surgery for 2 1/2 weeks later.  Now, when I have a question I always ask for Robert and always get results.
Tammy R.            
Donna R.
on 7/4/10 8:28 am, edited 7/4/10 8:29 am - Ocala, FL
Tammy thanks for your response. I guess this is what I am going to have to do. I will keep everyone posted.

What type of surgery did you have and how's it going?

I know this thread is for the lap band but I am going to have the RNY.
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/10 8:52 am
I wouldn't worry about being viewed as a pain in the neck. I agree with Tammy, talk to the person who answers the phone.They really are there to help you...BTW. I didn't mean this thread to be for Lap. I just wanted to find out who else is in our neck of the woods :)

If you are lurking on the board you have noticed a lot of "mine's better..no mine's better..I think that's just dumb....We are all here for the same reason..and how we get there doesn't matter.
I've already stopped taking my BP med's and my BP is normal. Why it matters how we get there is beyond me....

But then again what do I know :)

Petra
Tammy32817
on 7/7/10 3:15 am - Orlando, FL
I had the RNY in April, so far so good(as long as I stay away from the gatorade lol). I've lost 55 lbs and have had no complications.
Tammy R.            
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/10 7:05 am
Just tell them you had a fireworks allergy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views