Hello Floridians...some questions for ya

chris_ruff
on 6/14/10 6:33 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
Hi Floridians,

I'm a New Yorker who's thinking of relocating to Florida. I'm looking for a laid-back beach town and want to escape city life and winters. I plan to keep my job and tele-commute, so finding employment is not an issue. I'd like to be near a major airport so I can back and forth to NY with ease. I'm only just beginning to research so any advice you have is welcomed!

Thanks,
--Christina
Erin529
on 6/14/10 8:28 am - Oldsmar, FL

I like clearwater, and it is close to Tampa airport

-Erin          
chris_ruff
on 6/14/10 10:54 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
Thanks, I'll look into it.
--Christina
antsissy1
on 6/14/10 11:55 am - FL
Depends on which coast you want.  I live in Delray Beach.  It is a wonderful place to live.  Alot of New Yorkers come here.  The beach is nice, the town is wonderful and there are alot of things to do.  I am right in between West Palm Airport and Ft. Lauderdale Airport.  Look it up online.

chris_ruff
on 6/14/10 12:36 pm
RNY on 04/07/09 with
I have been to Delray Beach quite a few times. My grandparents have a condo there. I was thinking of being further north, but I'll consider the south too. Thanks!
--Christina
Susan G.
on 6/15/10 1:32 am - Boynton Beach, FL

I live in Tarpon Springs and love it.  I'm 5 min. from the snow white beach of the Gulf of Mexico.  About 30 min from Tampa Airport which is International.  And I'm 1 mile from the sponge docks.  This is a quite quant town with a lot of antique stores downtown and great sea food right from the boats at the docks. And I'm also about 20 min from Clearwater and all the big malls.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Good luck

Susan G.

chris_ruff
on 6/15/10 2:04 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
Thanks Susan, I will definitely check this out, sounds beautiful.
--Christina
sesmith
on 6/16/10 12:41 am
 Check out Flagler Beach. It is on east coast, halfway between Daytona Beach and St Augustine. Small town, pop 5,000 I think, maybe less. Maintained small town look and feel. No fast food restaurants, or high rises. There aren't many places left like this. House prices are the lowest in years.
chris_ruff
on 6/16/10 3:37 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
Thanks, sounds great!
--Christina
carlak
on 6/17/10 3:19 am - Bradenton, FL
Im in Bradenton/Sarasota area. Just a flight away from NY. Delta out of SRQ!!!! Love my beaches and the gulf. I moved here from colorado. I know I was moving south when I sold my snow blower and left Colorado!!!!!!
image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views