Jibber Jabber

MzDiane
on 6/13/10 8:35 pm - Apopka, FL
I am THRILLED!  I weighed this morning and I weigh 268 lbs.  I haven't been below 270 in well over a year and I am just so thrilled!  No more drainage from any of the lap sites on my stomach.  All the incisions are healing or healed completely.  My wedding rings are almost slipping off of my ring finger.  My feet are amazing me...ha ha!  I wiggle my toes and stare in amazement because my toes look bony.  As I wiggle them, I think, WOW, would you lookey at that! Ha ha! 

I am feeling better and stronger every day.  My hubby is constantly reminding me to slow down, don't pick that up, you need to eat, etc.  It's like, I want to do & move more and more and more, however, I know I must moderate my activity because to over-do it and wear myself out to the point of exhaustion is not smart or healthy.  Sometimes I am in so much amazement at what this surgery and my determination has done for me so far and I am only 2 weeks post-op that I wonder if something is wrong or is this just a dream.  I'm awake though and the scale doesn't lie so, welcome to reality Diane...ha ha!  Okay, enough of my good mood so early on a Monday morning.  I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Peace~
  300 lb HW / 289 lbs Pre-op /281 lbs Day Of Surgery       
Redhaired
on 6/14/10 1:10 am - Mouseville, FL
That is terrific.  A word to the wise -- put those rings in your safe deposit box now!  Don't wait till it slips off your finger and you either lose it or go crazy looking for it.  I remember I was making potato salad one day about six months after surgery.  When I make large amounts of potato salad I dump the potatoes on a cookie sheet to cool to get rid of the condensation.  Well I did that and as I was spreading the potatos I noticed something shiny.  You guessed it - my wedding ring, and I had not even missed it off my finger!

Red

MzDiane
on 6/14/10 6:10 am - Apopka, FL
LOL!  Thanks Red, I will take your advice!
  300 lb HW / 289 lbs Pre-op /281 lbs Day Of Surgery       
antsissy1
on 6/14/10 11:57 am - FL
Congratulations!  I am glad you are feeling so upbeat and happy!  It is fun watching everything melt away.  Every ring I own has to be resized and I am happy to do it.  Wait til your shoes start slipping off your feet.  It is fun.  Enjoy!

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/10 6:59 pm - FL
Diane

It sounds like you are doing a great job, just keep following the rules sweetheart. You can do this!!
Hugs Kristen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views