A little piece of advice

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/10 10:26 pm - Tampa, FL
There are so many things that a post-op can teach a pre-op or a newer post-op, and since this is a support board, I thought that it would be a good idea if we started a thread of friendly pieces of advice.   I would like to suggest that we only offer one piece of advice at a time, to give more people a chance to participate, and to keep other ideas, for the same type of thread on another day.  Anyone want to play along?

The best piece of advice I got pre-op was...Wait as long as you can post-op, preferable until you are at goal, to start eating bread again.  The advice was given to me with the explanation of, " Bread is a simple carb that will make you crave more carbs, so that you are replacing protein with cars, thus slowing your weightloss.  I waited six months to try bread, and yes, soon after the carb monster was knocking at my door.  So ne post-ops, stya away from bread as long as you can.
Susan G.
on 6/5/10 3:39 am - Boynton Beach, FL
All I can say is, when you feel like eating something that you know you shouldn't,  just keep telling yourself " NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS"  I say this everyday and am at goal with out any problems.

Good luck to all of you.  When you feel sorry for yourself remember your not alone.  We have all been there and gone  through it.  It just takes time and patients.

Hang in there.

Susan G. 
MzDiane
on 6/5/10 6:03 am - Apopka, FL
I wish I was farther out from my surgery to offer more but all I have right now is the way to get your liquid multi down is with 6 oz of strawberry & nana crystal light and ice...blend REAL WELL...haha!  Thanks for your insights though, they will come in handy dandy!

300 lb HW / 289 lbs Pre-op /281 lbs Day Of Surgery       
Just Janie
on 6/5/10 8:55 pm - Vero Beach, FL
Hi Steve. One of the most interesting things to me about my surgery was the way my tastes and desires changed regarding food. Pre-op I was a bread/pasta/potato fiend. They were my staples and I built my meals around them. Post-op, I have no desire for any of them. In 8 months I've had no pasta, a handful of bites of bread and a handful of bites of potato. They just don't have a hold on me anymore. I know that this may be temporary, but I like being free of the starch demon. The other surprise was that I used to salt everything - even before I tasted it and I never salt anything anymore. I have no explanation for the change - but I sure am grateful for it.

Goal reached in 4 1/2 months.   15 pounds below goal  SW 216.5/GW150/CW133
     I LOVE MY SLEEVE

Pamela W.
on 6/10/10 9:07 pm - Bartow, FL
My advice pre-op!  The journey is long (from finding an orientation and a program you like to insurance authorization to finally ending up getting surgery) but it is so worth it!  I've never done anything for myself where I've actually "followed through!"  This journey is one that I refuse to fail on!  So, my advice pre-op --- NEVER give up!  Study your options, go to group session more than once prior to surgery, listen to the veterans and dig in your heels when you receive opposition! 

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/10 9:17 pm - Tampa, FL
That great advice..Like my dad used to say, never worth it is ever easy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views