Naples Area

Jaimee21005
on 5/11/10 10:58 pm - FL
Hi there! My name is Jaimee and im gonna be 2 years post op in Dec.  I moved back to Naples, FL last year and posted on here about if there was any meet up groups in the area and never got any type of response.   When i lived in NC we had a group that got together once a month for lunch or dinner.. we had everything from Preops to 10+ year out and it was such a wonderful thing to get together and meet new people that went through the same things and share advice as well as share with people that were concidering surgery.    I thought i would try to post here again to see if there is anything like that anywhere close to here! i would even be willing to drive a couple hours if needed!  i am at the point now where its alot harder and have put a few pounds back on and would love the support and meeting new people.  if anyone in the area knows of anything like this or wants to get one started please contact me! :)  thank u!

kaiser257
on 5/13/10 12:05 pm
Hi Jaimee, You look wonderful.  Welcome back to FL-I live up here in Dunedin and will be having lap gastric bypass 5/19.  I know that support will be important-hopefully, you will hear from some others.  Margie
Margie        
pattib1st
on 5/17/10 1:58 pm - Bonita Springs, FL
Hi Jamee,
Maybe we need to start a support group here in Naples.  I need to attend one also.

Hugs,
Patti Rae
Jaimee21005
on 5/23/10 3:27 am - FL
yeah we really need to find people to get a meet up! do u know any others in our area that had it?

pattib1st
on 5/26/10 3:44 am - Bonita Springs, FL

Hey,
Besides myself and Melissa, I know a guy that lives in Bonita Springs that had the RNY around 3 or 4 years ago.

Seems we are not getting much response to this thread and I am not sure where we can round up RNYers.

Keep me in the loop.

Hugs,
Patti

Jaimee21005
on 5/26/10 5:27 am - FL
i know a girl in ft myers that would def be interested.. and if u can talk to the guy and see if he is we would have a nice starter? thats 5 people.  maybe we can get together and branch off from there.  thats a pretty good range if hes had it for about 4 years.. me and the other girl 2 years and u guys about a year. 

pattib1st
on 5/26/10 5:37 am - Bonita Springs, FL

Sounds like a real good start.  Would you want to do this weekly or monthly?

Everyone but you seems to be north, any suggestions on where we can meet?  Maybe the Bonita Springs Library?  I think they have private rooms we can meet in.  Will need to know your schedule, I was thinking maybe Mondays.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views