1 week out and need new idea on what to eat

Tammy32817
on 4/23/10 8:56 am - Orlando, FL
Hi all,
I am only one week out and am totally getting burned out on the full liquid diet. Does anyone have any ideas on what to eat or what you ate during the healing period until you can have solids? 
Tammy R.            
Emily F.
on 4/23/10 10:16 am
I would think full liquid just protein shakes, cream soups, broths, pudding, yogurt. I had juice, but not sure if that would make you dump.
kwangawoo
on 4/23/10 2:03 pm - Toronto, Canada
Hi Tammy,

I'm 2 weeks out and just getting wrapped up with full liquids.  I found I really got to like some of those probiotic yogurt drinks.  They're portable, go down easy, and are pretty tasty.  I also love tomato soup with cottage cheese. 

You'll be through it before you know it - hang in there!
Tammy32817
on 4/24/10 5:04 am - Orlando, FL
Thanks for the replies. I have been eating all of that, just wanted to know if there was anything else out there.  I can drink the juice and haven't dumped yet. I for one can't stomach the protein and I wish there was some kind of pill that we could take :). I'll get through it, I was having a ho hum day because hubby was eating all of my favorite foods during the day.
Tammy R.            
ashes1985
on 4/26/10 9:16 am - Pensacola, FL
When i came home from the hospital i was allowed scrambled eggs and thin grits. I lived on those. But for the first 8 weeks i wasn't even hungry and didn't care t eat. Ever doc is different but i think its stupid to be on a liquid diet for so long after. I handled eggs and grits just fine. I'm  3 months out and have never had dumping on anything! I guess you gotta wait for the go ahead on foods. IF it were me id try the scramble eggs...very small bites and CHEW!

islegirl37
on 4/29/10 10:58 pm
I was on a liquid Diet for a month after surgery. It wasn't too bad! I did not feel like eating anyway and I knew I was getting all of my protein in.

How long did your Dr. advise the liquid diet?
Hopefully some people have some great ideas for you........Good luck and Best wishes on your Journey!
Corgi Mom !.
on 4/30/10 9:04 pm - sunny, FL
Where is your packet for the first six months...did they change everything in the five years since I had surgery.  I hope they still give the great instruction they did.  Call the office...I had a packet with each stage and lists of things I was suppose to do.  I attribute this to my success.
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
jillclr795
on 5/1/10 1:40 pm - ocala, FL

Hi ,
   I also had surgery with Dr.Jawad on 03/10/10 the full liquid diet I ate everything!! Well let me be more specific, everything you eat needs to be pureed consistancy! I went out and bought the Magic bullet . I pureed chicken with alittle spagetti sauce NO chunks and basically had chicken parmesian with the shaked permasian cheese, just add extra sauce for the pasty consistancy! I also love to eat sweet pototoes, little bit of butter or margirine . I also good deli meat and pureed that ,basically shreaded,chew ,chew ,chew. hope that helps hang in there it gets better!! OH and by the way a heating pads works wonders on your g-tube area if you are having spasms!!

Tammy32817
on 5/3/10 9:24 am - Orlando, FL
Corgi Mom, I have to stay on the full liquid diet for 5 weeks, after the 5th week I can then eat mushy foods.

I never thought to put chicken and Spaghetti sauce in the magic bullet.  I have one of those, I guess I could try it tonight. Thanks for the tip
Tammy R.            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views