medicare anyone ?

sandra C.
on 6/20/04 3:29 pm - hampton, fl
has anyone had WLS and had Medicare pay for it? the bariatric surg center nearest to me said that they generally schedule a patient, perform the surgery and bill Medicare which will then deny; after the 1st denial the center will rebill Medicare and they will then pay. this scares me in that i would not like to get stuck with a $50,000+ bill. also, i have heard that there is a possibility that Medicaid will give one a medical waiver and pay for this surgery. i am disabled and cannot work and have recently lost my insurance thru divorce. has anyone been thru either of these scenarios ? thanks a bunch, sandy
ErikaL
on 6/20/04 3:51 pm - JAX, FL
Hi Sandy! Call and ask Carey in Dr. Cox's office: (954)-928-0066 (Ft. Lauderdale) God Bless, Erika L
sandra C.
on 6/24/04 4:26 pm - hampton, fl
thank you so much. i will be calling cary tomorrow. bless you for answering and the very best to you. sandy
Tina P.
on 6/21/04 4:16 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Sandy: I have a firend who has medicare and he breezed thru the payment part with his medicare. Here is a lady who can answer all of your questions: [email protected] Her phone number in Tampa, or toll free is : Trisha 1-866-598-9474 x 102 She is at the WISH Center. ~ Tina ~
sandra C.
on 6/24/04 4:28 pm - hampton, fl
thanks a bunch...i really appreciate your taking the time to reply and i will be calling tomorrow, FIRST THING. all the best, sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views