omg....nutritionists

megan p.
on 4/20/10 2:20 am - Ocoee, FL
I'm about to lose my mind! I cannot find a nutritionist who either accepts my insurance or has a reasonable hourly rate! They never call me back and most of them don't even answer! I'm losing my mind! Anybody have suggestions?
Redhaired
on 4/20/10 1:12 pm, edited 4/20/10 1:15 pm - Mouseville, FL
You could try calling your insurance carrier and asking for the name of a provider.  But many plans do not cover the nutritionist.  You could call the hospitals and ask if they have someone on staff who can do the consult.  It seems to me I have read of people using a nutritionist at Florida Hospital, but that was years ago.

Red

Try looking at this list.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/FL/a,list/type,1/

megan p.
on 4/21/10 1:03 am - Ocoee, FL
I've tried everything! I've called everyone my insurance gave me and no one ever gives me a call back. The ones the do answer, have ridiculous rates, like 150 bucks! I guess its down that list I go :)
TaylorP
on 4/28/10 3:54 am - Orlando, FL
I have pretty good insurance, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and it still costs at least $150. I think that's just the going rate even with insurance.
IGDiva
on 4/28/10 11:57 am - Orlando, FL
 Have you tried the local hospital run health club?  I found a great nutritionist when I lived in teh Space Coast that way.  
Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views