finance home

Brenda N.
on 6/18/04 1:17 pm - Holiday, FL
hi everyone, i finnaly did it took that mortgae out on my home for the surgery.as much as i and especially my husband hated it we figured my life was worth it. even though it was kind of sad. we had just paid our home off in may. now we borrowed $10,000.00 and have to pay back $38,000.00 in 20 years. : it kind of makes me nausiated. now my husbands saying well i hope you don't die having this surgery then i'll lose my wife and have the bill wow how nice huh? made me feel great. then he says he don't think he will ever make it another 20 years. i told him the payments are low enough that we can double up on the payments and pay it off in 10 instead of 20. oh well thats all i guess i just had to talk to someone. thanks for listening. brenda all i ask is that all my buddys on here keep me in thier prayers and god bless you all.
ErikaL
on 6/18/04 1:39 pm - JAX, FL
Hi Brenda! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I know that this is a really stressful time for you. Your husband has a remote chance of loosing you if you have WLS, but he has a BIG chance of loosing you very soon if you don't!!!!! Hang in there you're doing this for the right reason, to get your health back! Hugs, Erika L
ebdrup
on 6/18/04 2:45 pm - PLANT CITY, FL
Sorry to hear it had to come to refinancing, but in the long run it will be worth it. Do not pay any attention to the remark your husband made. People do not always think before they speak and he must have not being thinking at all. I will keep you in my prayers. Good Luck. IMP gail
sherri parker
on 6/18/04 3:22 pm - port richey, FL
Hi Brenda, I don't know who told you that Medicade does not pay for the surgery. I know for a fact they do. I know of somebody who had it done not too long ago. Next Have you heard of Vocational Rehab? They paid for my surgery 100%. You must be willing to go back to work. When all is done and over with. Which I am willing. When you go self-pay there a lot of issues. What if you get a stricture? What if they had to remove something? What if you are in the hospital longer then expected? Is the Hospital you are going to willing to give you a cheaper rate? The Palms in St. Pete is charging a flat rate of 12,000.00 My doctor is cheaper when you go self pay and he is good. Dr. Haicken. But again Vocational Rehab may be able to help you.....Give it some thought.
Micmomof3
on 6/19/04 1:39 am - Jacksonville, fl
Brenda, I know this is a big first step in your journey! If my insurance would not pay and I had that option I would do it as well! Don't look back, even with the amount you are paying back, it's going to be well worth it. You and your husband will be in my prayers! Much continued success on this journey! Michelle
melindainfla
on 6/21/04 8:33 am - pinellas county, fl
Hey there jellybean, I love the picture. I think you are worth more than 38 million dollars. Hubby is just worried... Love ya!!!!!!!!! Melinda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views