Learned Something About Dr. Jawad

Jan Ocala
on 6/18/04 5:02 am - Ocala, FL
I went to the initial 3-hour clinic at Dr. Jawad's today. I took the office staff a bunch of my work pens and they love that! I made friends with the insurance guru in the office too and we will work on getting me approved together! Nice people, great program, excellent surgeon!! Who could ask for anything more!? Someone suggested that I get there plenty early so I could sign in and be one of the first to be seen individually. Well, that worked just GREAT as I ended up being first for EVERYTHING!! Thanks for that suggestion. So, what I learned about Dr. Jawad today that I didn't know is that he does plastic surgery!! He can do tummy tucks and liposuction and some other things. Well, who knew?? I'm another step closer to submitting for approval. Pre-Op Jan
michelleguess
on 6/18/04 6:08 am - Clayton, nc
Jan, I am so glad that your visit went well and that you took my advice to get there early! Best of luck to you along your journey and I hope and pray that everything goes smoothly for you! If you need anything let me know. Stay positive as you may hit some bumps in the road but you can do this and you can get it approved, never forget that. How much longer till you can submit? Keep us updated, please. See ya next Wed. Michelle
Jan Ocala
on 6/18/04 10:59 am - Ocala, FL
Michelle, I wasn't the first one there, but I got out of my car and walked into the office first. The other guy had been just sitting in his car, not wanting to be first, I guess, or maybe he didn't think they were open yet. He was second, though! Great advice, thanks! I'm very familiar with the requirements of Aetna, so Nicia (insurance guru) and I worked out a strategy that we both feel will work to get an approval. She won't file until early August, and that's not too long to wait. She was happy with my file and liked both my PCP's letter as well as my own. See you Wednesday!! It's going to be a VERY full day for me!! I have a meeting all morning at MRMC and then seeing you in the middle of the day sometime. At 4 p.m. I have a meeting with a nutritionist. Hope I can work in some actual productive work in there somewhere!!! Pre-Op Jan
ErikaL
on 6/18/04 7:19 am - JAX, FL
Way ta go Jan! You're jumping right over those hurdles!!! I am glad that things went well today. Have a great weekend... Hugs, Erika L
Jan Ocala
on 6/18/04 11:00 am - Ocala, FL
You have a great weekend too, Erika!!! I'll be able to jump hurdles a lot better AFTER the surgery, but I'm hiking my big bottom over them the best I can for now!!! HA! Pre-Op Jan
Mirabelle
on 6/18/04 1:47 pm
Jan so glad to hear you had a good experience seeing your doctor. Before you know it you will be post op Jan and I hopefully I will be another step closer.
Micmomof3
on 6/19/04 1:33 am - Jacksonville, fl
Jan, It's always wonderful to have a good experience with our surgeons when we first meet them. It kinda sets the bar for what you can expect! Your moving right along now! Keep it up! Michelle
Jan Ocala
on 6/19/04 1:40 am - Ocala, FL
Michelle, I've actually known Dr. Jawad for years and have called on his office and have done lunches there when I was a rep for a home health company, so I knew some of his people before. It was sort of a re-acquaintance thing and I really did enjoy it. He's the best surgeon I know!
Lynn G.
on 6/19/04 12:20 pm - Branford, FL
Jan, I knew that but I've heard a few negative comments about that area of his work....I will have to do more investigating before I decide if I will let him do it in the future. Lynn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views