Please someone take my mind of this!

megan p.
on 4/15/10 7:09 am - Ocoee, FL
Im so tired of having people tell me how dangerous this surgery is. I KNOW! I would have never even started this process if i hadnt researched EVERYTHING possible on it! I have people telling me about how I might die and how I will hate it so much. I JUST saw the doctor for the first time and they are acting like im rushing into. I have thought about this for a long time and its my decision. Im ready to change my life and be who I always knew i was supposed to be. I just need encouragement because I dont want the "haters" to wear on me. lol.
Redhaired
on 4/16/10 2:49 am - Mouseville, FL
Why does your doctor think you are rushing into this?  Is this surgeon in the Orlando area?  I have never heard of her.

Red

megan p.
on 4/16/10 4:50 am - Ocoee, FL
Oh no.... its not my doctor that thinks im rushing into it. Its my family and friends. My doctor is Dr. Shebani, he works with Dr. Jawad in Ocala, FL.
franvirgmedd
on 4/17/10 1:02 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
I hope that I can be of encouragement to you.  My surgeon was Dr. Jawad.  I had RNY in Dec. 09 and so did my husband.  I have lost 70 pounds and my husband has lost 90 pounds.  Dr. Jawad is the greatest.  We both are happy with everything, no complications, and we feel that this surgery has saved our lives.  You have to listen to yourself, we had negative people before our surgeries and still do afterwards.  All in all we had to do what we felt was best.  For us we fought our weight for years, and have tried everything to no avail.
So good luck in whatever you decide.
Fran
MzDiane
on 4/19/10 7:49 am - Apopka, FL
Bella <~~Nurple!!!  Forget about it.  Do what you feel is right because either way...we are killing ourselves a bit everyday.  (((HUGS)))
  300 lb HW / 289 lbs Pre-op /281 lbs Day Of Surgery       
ShellyYC
on 4/20/10 12:04 pm - Orlando, FL
I have Dr. Jawad Also. I had RNY in Oct 2008. I have nothing but respect for him. He has given approval to do my son who is 17 but weights 391lbs. He understands that my son will struggle for the rest of his life if he doesn't give my son the tool to have a better life. My son has always been a big boy but reality slap me in the face when he stepped on that scale. I knew he was over 300lbs but he covered up that he was closer to 400. Dr. Jawad knows the struggles my son will have and wants him to have a better life. Dr. Shobani is his partner and I've never met him and he takes the patients that have Medicare from Dr. Jawad.

So keep your head up and know you are doing this for better health. There will always be haters and they are jealous because you have decided to do something about it.  

Keep your head up and keep going forward the results will be amazing once you have the surgery. If it was that easy everyone would be doing it. 

When I went for my surgery I didn't tell anyone until after I had the surgery because of the same people who are trying to put you down.  Good Luck and don't look back.
Shelly- The Cruising Queen

flucca
on 4/20/10 8:44 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
You are the only one living YOUR LIFE, no one else really matters causaboue in the end, it comes down to you.  I had RNY in 2001, lost 221 lbs and I can't imagine what my life would have been like if I didn't lose that weigth.  I had more opportunities in ths last few years than I had in the entire rest of my life.  And, who is it that is telling you the RNY is dangerous, statistically it is no more dangerous than any other operation, sure all surgery is dangerous, but so is driving.  I am getting ready to do RNY to DS revision (about ten times riskier than virgin surgery), and still worth it, by the way, depending on your starting bmi, please take a look at the DS, it may be a better option for you.  Like it o rnot, the world treats obese people very badly and living at a normal weight is much easier.  Go for it, with this and everything else you want to accomplish...life is short, live like you mean it!

Frank
emjayel56
on 5/4/10 5:17 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

I learnd to have deaf ears to all the negativity.  Like you, I researched this extensively, knew the pros and cons yet it was my choice.  I had 3 weight loss surgeries and each time heard the same negativity but did what I had to do for me.  I am healthy and happy, have lost 151 lbs. and below my goal weight at 138 lbs.

Follow your heart.  Good luck to you.

Maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr