Need Info Please

girly_girl
on 6/17/04 12:44 am - McChord AFB, WA
Hi Florida, I'm a pre-op over on the Texas board but I was wondering if some of you could maybe help me out. My sister is wanting to have gastric bypass in Orlando where she lives. She went to a seminar last night, apparently there is only one surgeon in Orlando. I was wondering if any of you have used him or heard about him. I just want to make sure she's safe! Thanks so much. Angelina
ebdrup
on 6/17/04 12:51 am - PLANT CITY, FL
What is the name of her surgeon? gail
SimplyRedHead
on 6/17/04 1:03 am - Longwood, FL
Angelina, The only WLS practice that does surgery in Orlando area is US Bariatrics (Dr. Kim). There office is near Disney at Celebration. There is another doctor (Butler) who has a practice in the area but he actually does his surgeries in St. Pete. Dr. Kim has a wonderful reputation. Most of us in the Orlando area traveled for our surgeons, either to Tampa, Ocala, Melbourne, and even further. I went to Ocala about 1.5 hr away. Apparently, my doctor's office said there is a "ban" of some sort preventing this type of surgery from being done in the Orlando area due to some bad surgeries years ago by one doctor with a tainted record, it's been publicized and on the news (I wont promote or flame that doctor on here). However, there is talk that some Orlando hospitals are considering extending surgery privledges again in the future since WLS is so popular (and profitable). Please let us know which doctor's info session she attended and I am sure someone can give you more info. Amy
Tina P.
on 6/17/04 5:00 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi Angelina: Have her contact The WISH Center in Tampa. They are expanding to the Orlando area and hold seminars there also. Dr Dietrick is tops. ~Tina~
Jan Ocala
on 6/17/04 9:20 am - Ocala, FL
I know that both bariatric surgeons in Ocala get tons of Orlando referrals. I would recommend Dr. Jawad big time! Pre-Op Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views