Do I need more information?

Marilyn A.
on 6/16/04 10:34 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi everyone, I sent all my paperwork to Dr. Jawad via certifed mail on Tuesday. My packet contained, PCP referral, 2 medically supervised diet letters (one from former PCP and OBGYN), sike evulation, blood lab work, lab work from Liver ultrasound, letter from myself to both BCBS/FL and to surgen explaining my knowledge of procedure and desire for procedure. Here's my question? Should I call and request copies of my medical records from previous PCP's and OBGYN to take with me for initial consultation with Dr. Jawad? My appt is for Tuesday, July 6th @ 9:00am. Please post as this time is getting close real fast. Thank you all for your responses. Marilyn
Margaret F.
on 6/16/04 10:38 pm - (7-07-04)
MARILYN, I've heard good things about Dr. Jawad. Good Luck Call there office they will know what to bring. take care. margaret
sharein_angel
on 6/16/04 11:25 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
I brought ALL my papers with me including doctor notes, x-rays, test results, letters, diets, health history etc. Make sure you have copies of EVERYTHING, because they tend to loose your papers you sent in for your file. I bought an expandable pocket folder and filed everything in it with tabs on each pocket for quick reference. (letters, test results, dr notes, diets, etc). You can buy them at Walmart for $6. I took it with me in case I needed a copy of something. You will need to call doc office, hospitals, clinics, etc where ever you got x-rays, mamogram, liver ultrasound, from and sign sheet to check them out. Good Luck and keep us updated. Sharon
Luvitsunny
on 6/17/04 12:34 am - Sunny South, FL
All my paperwork was handled from my surgeon. I didn't even see the letters my PCP, Endocrinologist, OBGYN and Gastroeneterologist wrote on my behalf. However, it must have worked. I was approved in 4 days. I agree, though, if you had to gather the information yourself -- keep copies and take it with you just in case what you sent is "buried deep on a desk". Good luck. luvitsunnyv
Jan Ocala
on 6/17/04 9:16 am - Ocala, FL
Marilyn, my initial visit with Dr. Jawad is tomorrow!! I have a copy of everything and it amounted to about 60 pages. I assume when you said liver ultrasound, you really meant gallbladder?? I don't know how BCBS is, but none of the insurance companies seem to be overly helpful, and my insurance specifically says that PCP letters are NOT enough to show proof of a medically supervised diet, so I have copies of all my visits. Have you seen a dietician?? You will also need the packet of information that you got from Dr. Jawad's office. I wasn't asked to have anything sent to them, but to just bring it with me at the time of my appointment. Pre-Op Jan
Marilyn A.
on 6/17/04 9:45 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Jan: I did mean Liver ultrasound, not gallbladder. I had my gallbladder removed 14 years ago due to cholestorel stones. I have not received a packet yet from Dr. Jawad. Should I call his office and ask why not? I have not seen a dietician do you think I should? Per BCBS I fall under medically necessary with my co-morbid conditions. I have a chart I compiled from my "Diet Noetbook" which I have kept since 1989. This book logs every diet I have been on, start times, weight @ start, stop times weight lost @ stop. Both medically supervised and not. Congratulations on your appt. tomorrow. WOW wish I was there too. I have my appt. on 07/06 and can hardly wait. Thanks for your imput. Marilyn
Jan Ocala
on 6/17/04 9:55 am - Ocala, FL
Marilyn, I remember chuckling when Sandra told me I needed a gallbladder ultrasound if I had one! I guess lots of people get them out, but I only know of one person who had one removed, so it wasn't something I thought about. I have not seen a dietician either, and I heard yesterday about a dietician that is working with Dr. Jawad now. I'm going to see about going to her, but I haven't seen a dietician either. I would make a copy of that Diet Notebook too - that sounds like a ton of great documentation. Have you checked out the requirements that BCBS has for approving the surgery? Aetna has a page on their site that addresses every bit of what they require and I double checked it to be as sure as I could be that I had complied. Don't worry one bit about that packet of info from Dr. Jawad's office. I expected you to say you hadn't received it yet. Mine didn't come until about a week before my appointment. I think that's so we don't lose it!! They did call me today to verify the appointment, so they won't forget you!! I also wish you were going tomorrow, but I'll meet and greet whoever is there. I have a tendancy to be friendly and talkative to whoever I'm around. It's my nature - no wonder I'm in marketing! HA! Pre-Op Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views