Tampons, Pads and spongey

Tina P.
on 6/16/04 3:41 pm - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi All: I am a pre op. I have a few questions for you seasoned veterans. I am going off my provera pills now under direction of my surgeon since they could help in formation of clots. I will have a period now until who knows when as I have dysfunctional uterine bleeding. I don't have to worry about pregnancy as hubby was neutered. Can you wear a tampon during surgery or has anyone tried the 12 hour sponges? Also, for now, I do best with the old kind of Kotex, with no adhesive for overnight wear. They don't irritate my, well, crotch. They are hard to find, similar to the old maternity pads from the hospitals. Has anyone seen them around? My local Wallymart, Eckerds or Walgreens doesn't have them. I swear by Amplestuff hygiene products. I have some stuff coming but until it arrives, my old handle with replaceable sponge died. I am using a sponge on a handle you can find in household goods, the kind you would use to reach into a tight glass with. It is soft and works very well. Thought I would pass this along as it was only .99 and you can throw them away if you want. Lubbins all ~ Tina ~
Margaret F.
on 6/16/04 10:23 pm - (7-07-04)
Tina, glad you are off depo, that shot helped me to GAIN 50lbs. i don't think you can use tampons, but what are these spongy pads you are talking about? mrgaret
Tina P.
on 6/17/04 5:05 am - St. Petersburg, FL
I saw them in the feminine section at Wallymart. They are some kind of soft highly absorbant pad/sponge you insert in the vagina and it doesn't need to be changed for up to 12 hours or sooner if you want. Surgeon smiled and said he can help with the surgery but the gyn will have to do his part. Gyn said there isn't anything he can think of that would not have a clot forming possibility. Ugh... ~Tina~
Luvitsunny
on 6/17/04 12:31 am - Sunny South, FL
I would make this situation known to your surgeon or his nurse. Ask for a suggestion. It's common to have a period after the surgery anyway. Good luck. luvitsunnyv
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views