Stressed....

sharein_angel
on 6/17/04 12:16 am - Palm Harbor, FL
I'm sorry your having a hard time with your parents. My mom doesn't approve of my surgery either or my older daughter. ALL my family lives in another state and I'm a single parent. I also own a day care. My roommate for the pass 7 years is all for my surgery and is going to help me. She was going to come with me for the surgery which is a 4 hour drive away and stay. I was going to have friends and neighbors help with my OWN kids because they will be in school. My best friend that moved to Virginia called and offered to fly here and go with me to have surgery! NOW, my roommate will take care of my kids AND run my day care besides. You can call Social Services to see if they have any programs that might help you out. In our county you can call a referral place that will give you names and phone numbers of people that do child care part time. Some offer a discount if you have more then one child and also you can pay by the day.
Luvitsunny
on 6/17/04 12:23 am - Sunny South, FL
Michelle, I just had to stop and say a prayer over your cir****tances. If I were in Orlando, I would babysit your boys. (I have two grandsons myself.) The issues with your parents are surfacing at a stressful time in your life. I'm an LPN and had WLS on 12/15/03. Fear comes with knowledge. Peace comes with faith. I have faith to believe that things will work out for you. You have the support of your WLS friends on OH. Contact me anytime you need some encouragement. God bless. luvitsunnyv
Jan Ocala
on 6/17/04 9:02 am - Ocala, FL
Michelle, you are not asking too much when you ask for your parents' help, but unfortunately, they have shown you over and over that for whatever reason, they can't be relied upon. I would not suggest that your DH try to guilt your parents into helping against their will. It just won't work and you'll be worse off if they come and just hurt you again. I think that as hard as it is, I would just forget about them for now, and maybe later after the surgery and when you're starting to feel better, I'd think about talking to them and finding out why they don't appear to care. Did you call ORMC to see if the kids can stay with your DH in pre-op with you? Since you should probably be in a private room, it shouldn't be too much of a problem for your kids to be around all day. Just be sure you've got something for them to do in your room. Let me know what else I can do. If you need a good daycare or something, I'll find one for you! Pre-Op Jan
Brenda N.
on 6/17/04 9:15 am - Holiday, FL
hello michelle, yes you should be down and i know exactly how you feel.my mom was never there forme either.my daughter has been both physically and emotionaly unable to take care of her babies who are 1 and 2 years old and i have been raising them since the first of january i would do anyhting for my children because i don't want to treat them the way i was treated.hang in there sweetie just trust in god and don't depend on them i know what you are going through. don't you have any friends that could be there for you? i sure don't depend on my mom .but i do have 2 great friends that i hope will come through and be here for me. god bless you and keep in touch. i wish you lived closer i would help you. brenda
Lexa321
on 6/18/04 7:06 am - weston, FL
be brave you will be fine.. keep your head up my lil lady Lexa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr