Tricare Headache

Christy H.
on 6/15/04 9:41 am - Orlando, FL
I'm waiting for my approval now. However, Tricare says they will only cover Open. I have sent a request into my congressman to see if he can help me get mine approved Lapro. Anyone have any other ideas.
Coastiewife
on 6/15/04 11:46 am - Key West, FL
I had mine open(Tricare is my insurnace also) What is the problem with having it open? I had no problems getting mine approved for the open procedure. I think if they cover it open you should be happy that they cover it at all. ~Nicole
Christy H.
on 6/16/04 10:44 am - Orlando, FL
You are right. The only thing is having to be out of work for a extended time. You can understand money. On a Military Income is rough. But I should be happy anyway. I just hope it will not take me long to recover. Hopefully, I will get the approval soon.
Luvitsunny
on 6/15/04 1:01 pm - Sunny South, FL
I don't understand why they approve surgery open and not lap. Ask for their rationale. Most surgeons prefer the lap these days.
Mirabelle
on 6/15/04 3:21 pm
I just got a letter for approval yesterday but it just says general surgery. I am calling them tomorrow and I will ask what is up with this...I know the surgeon I want to do my surgery does lap and I prefer less intrusion. My understanding is all they approve is RNY but you and your dr. decide what is best after you have approval. Took me exactly one year and 4 requests just to the dr. I chose but they also let me know he could ask for 15% more since he didn't agree to their payment amount. It's probably their way of saying we will pay part but you want it all paid go were we want you to go and that is over 130 miles from me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views