Plastic surgery after WLS

Bonnie C.
on 4/10/10 6:49 am - Miami, FL
Hi all,

I know I am a long way from needing the plastic surgery, but I was wondering if anyone here has had it done yet.  Additionally I was curious if Medicaid covered the procedure.

I'm asking because I know that I will definitely need to have it done.  After 4 pregnancies with c-sections my skin never went back to where it use to be.  And with all the weight that has been gained I'm really not that optimistic that it will go back to it's place.

I would love to hear your experiences with plastic surgery and of course, if it's covered by Florida Medicaid.

My best to all,

Bonnie
Check out my blog for recipes and more
@
Bye Bye Pounds
HW-310/SW-292/CW-182/GW-160

Redhaired
on 4/10/10 7:07 am - Mouseville, FL
Bonnie-
You might want to post this on the plastics forum.  I do not know anything about Medicaid but some do get insurance to cover some plastics.  However, generally they have documented medical necessity.  It is not a matter of what it looks like -- most insurance companies want to know that the issues you are having from the skin are making you ill.  So my best advice is to never -ever self treat any rashes or skin breakdown you get.  If you self treat you will not have the documentation that you need to demonstrate it is an on-going problem.  You want it documented in your medical records.  And some would say -- you need to make a special trip to the doctor.  Not one of those "oh by the way, can you take a look at this rash while I am here" kinds of things.

Red

jonelle32514
on 4/17/10 12:38 am - Pensacola, FL
I had my breasts enlarged and an inner thigh lift.  I am saving my pennies for a lower body lift.  My insurance (tricare) didn't pay for anything.  I have pics on my profile if you want to see.   I was hoping my insurance would at least let me have a tummy tuck because I have had a c-section and lost the weight, but even that was denied. 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

miniplk
on 4/28/10 10:33 am - Davie, FL
It is good to start planning ahead. I had all my Plastic Surgery done by Dr. Bernard Shuster. Check him out on the OH site or his own website which is www.drshuster.net
Lucky for you he is local. He is the best. I have trusted him with my life and body several times. He is an amazing surgeon and a caring human being.

He will be speaking at the 2010 Sampling event which is coming up on May 25th in Broward. The event is free and open to all WLS patients and supporters. Dr. Shuster will be speaking there so you caan get a chance to meet him before you have to take all your clothes off!

Paula
OH Support Group Leader
WLS Veterans Group Facilitator
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr