Insurance Legislation?

Mark L.
on 6/14/04 12:26 pm - Hollywood, Fl
Hello, I heard that the Florida Legislature is trying to pass a law that will require insurance companies to pay for WLS. Can anyone verify if this is true and if it is true when the vote will be? Thanks! Mark
sherri parker
on 6/14/04 3:19 pm - port richey, FL
I hope this true. They need too. I would say go to myflorida.com and look it up.
Micmomof3
on 6/15/04 12:54 am - Jacksonville, fl
Mark, I have not heard of this. This would be great though, I would love for this to happen! Let me know if you hear anything else on it! Thanks. Michelle
Marla S.
on 6/15/04 1:52 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Mark, there was some information floating around the boards on that subject. I suspect if you contact your local legislator's office, their aide would be glad to do the research. It is simple for them, as they have special software for such things. Marla
Lexa321
on 6/15/04 3:06 am - weston, FL
that would be awsome.. keep us informed
Mark L.
on 6/15/04 8:02 am - Hollywood, Fl
I sent an email to a Ken Gottlieb, a State Rep that I know personally, to ask him if he knew anything about it. As soon as I get a reply, I will let you all know. I tend to believe what I heard was false. Florida's Legislature has a large Republican majority and I doubt VERY much that Republicans would do anything to force insurance companies to pay more. But, who knows? Hope to hear something soon. Mark
Susie B.
on 6/16/04 3:15 am - Crawfordville, FL
I sat in on both the Governor's Task Force on Affordable Insurance and the House Subcommitte on Affordable Health Insurance during the last legislative session (2004-05). While I did not attend every meeting, and I'm sure my knowledge is full of holes, I can say that the words I heard over and over again are: People have to be accountable for their state of health. Insurance companies should not have to pay for people that choose unhealthy life styles. The House of Representatives hammered on obesity and tobacco as two major costs of health care. Of course, they can say that since they don't have to pay one penny for their health care - we pay it for them!
Mark L.
on 6/16/04 4:26 am - Hollywood, Fl
Very easy for people that are not Obese and don't smoke to say. I had a feeling it was all just a fantasy. When the majority cares more about the insurance companies than the patients, this is the exact stupidity we will see in the legislature. Sure, as if I CHOSE this lifestyle. Idiots!
Susie B.
on 6/16/04 5:03 am - Crawfordville, FL
You can go to www.leg.state.fl.us and click on the link to find your legislators. From that you will be able to email, write or call them. For anyone in the US you can go to www.congress.org to find your legislators.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views