Another Central FL Meet and Greet???

SimplyRedHead
on 6/13/04 10:40 pm - Longwood, FL
I thought I would take a poll from those who attended or would like to attend another Meet and Greet so we can start to plan our next gathering. Here are a few questions to consider : - When should we try to do this again? August? Sept? Oct? - How often should we get together? every two months? three months? other suggestion? - Location suggestions? stay in Orlando area? another location? - Venue? mall again? park? restaurant? apt or condo community room? other suggestion? For those of you who didnt make it, we have a great time getting to know each other and sharing stories, experiences, pics, family stories, etc. There were about 10 of us for our first meeting, so we intend to grow even larger next time. Anyway, I just thought I'd see what you all thought we could do for our next meeting. Amy
Princesa407
on 6/14/04 1:12 am - Orlando, FL
I would LOVE to do this again sometime, anytime is good for me , anywhere....i hope more people can make it to our next get together, it was really great talking and meeting all of you guys! the next time should be even better!!!!
mommylinda
on 6/14/04 2:57 am - DeLand, FL
I'd love to do it again. Orlando is great for me, but understand if others would like to have it somewhere else. I thought the mall food court was as good a place as any. It really wasn't too crowded or loud. And best of all, it's free! Every two months would be nice, close enough to keep up on things with one another, and far enough apart that the ones traveling don't feel it's a burden. I hope it grows too. It was so nice to meet everyone and share stories. Post-ops can help pre-ops with questions and we can all just be there for each other! Hope it continues. Linda
ebdrup
on 6/14/04 4:30 am - PLANT CITY, FL
Oh yes I want to get together again. I loved getting to meet everyone. It was so much fun to just listen to all the stories . I think every two months would be great. I would be willing to travel anywhere to meet up with everyone. I think the mall was a great place. Anyone that has another idea just let us know. I hope those that did not get to make it are able to come to the next Meet & Greet. Hope to see everyone again real soon. IMP gail
Tracey R.
on 6/14/04 6:47 am - Altamonte Springs, FL
I would attend meetings every 2 months. I just found the Florida area of the boards on Saturday afternoon, I am really new to the boards here as you can tell. I wish I would of found them earlier since I live about 5 minutes from the mall and I have loads of questions about post-op issues. Tracey
Lexa321
on 6/14/04 6:53 am - weston, FL
yes.. i defentally would like to do it again....just let me know
KAT *.
on 6/14/04 11:39 am - Orlando, FL
I really wish I could have been there. I was really excited to go, but unfortunately, until further notice, I have to work every Saturday. My only day off is Sunday. Maybe one Saturday night some of the locals (or even people who want to drive) can meet up at Starbucks or Waterford Lakes or we could have dinner somewhere over there. I wish I had some people who could relate to the food issues I am having. Getting thru this surgery & my 'transformation' has been tough & none of my friends really understand what I am going thru. Are any of you who went to the meet & greet at or below goal? Does anyone else have a food obsession? I went below my goal but I have managed to add some muscle & I am hovering around my surgeon's goal weight for me. But it takes lots of effort on my part because I am obsessed with food but I don't eat much. I just like to order food, read menus, touch food (I know that's weird), talk about food, anything that has to do with food but I can only bring myself to eat 2 or 3 bites at one meal. I would really like to talk to other people who may have this same problem or who have worked thru food issues. Enough of my rambling - please keep posting & hopefully I can make it to a gathering. Even though I don't eat much, I do go to Starbucks at least 3 times a day - I have too many addictions!! KAT
SimplyRedHead
on 6/14/04 7:03 pm - Longwood, FL
SimplyRedHead
on 6/14/04 10:58 pm - Longwood, FL
Hmmmm, my message disappeared, must be the same people who steal only one of my socks. Anyway, I was telling Kat to email me so we can plan an outing at Starbucks one night. Amy [email protected]
Marilyn A.
on 6/14/04 10:09 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I was not able to attend the Meet & Greet :: and this is a shame as my husband's home is within 5 min. from the mall. As most of you know I work in Jacksonville and my family lives in Altamonte Springs. I make it home about every 3 weeks to see everyone. I'm going home this weekend for fathers day and my daughters are traveling with me. This should make my hubby very excited as he loves to be spoiled by everyone. Please count me in for all future events (unless it's July 17th as my apartment community is having a community fest and I'm stuck here for that weekend. I can hardly wait to finally meet everyone face to face and gain the insight all of you have to share. So count me in I'll see you at the next one. Marilyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views