Ocala Regional?

michelleguess
on 6/13/04 7:39 am - Clayton, nc
Who had their surgery at Ocala regional? Can you share your experience? Private Rooms? pre-op experience? Family with you? Visiting hrs? Gowns-do they have gowns for us that acutally fit? Do I need a robe or do they have the gowns that wrap around? Any other comments or experiences greatly appreciated. Thanks, Michelle-Orlando Open RNy 6/22/04
Jan Ocala
on 6/13/04 9:30 am - Ocala, FL
Hi Michelle, I'm pre-op, but I am in every nook and cranny of ORMC every day of my life. Most of the post-ops are given private rooms on the 4th floor (it's called 4 east/west) but it's always an availability issue and there's always the chance that you'll have a roommate. If you have a "big boy bed" however, you won't be in a semi-private room because there's just no room in that case. Your family can stay with you for a pretty long time I believe, before the surgery and after that there's a waiting room or they can go to the cafeteria. All of it, including the surgery rooms are on the first floor. I don't know what visiting hours are, because I've never had to worry about that, but I think they must be at least 8 a.m.-8 p.m. and if you're in a private room, a family member can stay with you all night. Don't worry about the gowns. ORMC is more than experienced with handling the bariatric patients since there are two surgeons doing the procedures and Dr. Jawad hardly ever goes to MRMC anymore. If you let me know your surgery date, I'll be more than happy to pop in briefly the day after to say hello. I've visited 3 OH members at ORMC and 1 at MRMC so far and it's been a treat for me, but if you don't think you want a visitor, believe me, I completely understand. Feel free to email me with anything else I might be able to answer for you and hopefully you'll get some firsthand responses!! Best of luck, Pre-Op Jan
Lynn G.
on 6/13/04 9:36 am - Branford, FL
Hiya! Jan, I was one of Jan's people she visited. She's super cool! :P Okay, Dr. Jawad did my surgery on 5/18. I have on complaints. They do at times run out of rooms, like they did with me, and they just move you further down, but I still had a private room. Make sure you request it at Pre-Op and the morning of surgery. My boyfriend stayed the night with me. I am glad he was there, he helped me a lot. The gowns fit, however I brought a robe with me because of the walking you must do. I wanted to *know* I was covered up lol Lynn
mommylinda
on 6/14/04 3:12 am - DeLand, FL
Hi Michelle, I had surgery at Ocala Regional in November. My experience there was great! I was a patient of Dr Jawad and they treated me like a queen. The nurses on the fourth floor were great, especially one male nurse I had. I don't remember his name, but he really took good care of me. I never had to ask for the pain meds, he was there asking me if I needed them. And the night nurse that had me up and walking the halls was so funny I thought I would pop the staples from laughing. I'm an easy person to get along with and that may have helped. They were all very nice to me and I was nice to them too. I hope your experience will be as good as mine! Linda
Lynn G.
on 6/15/04 11:10 am - Branford, FL
I will agree about that male nurse..he was SO nice and ALWAYS on time with my medication. I never had to ask. Lynn
michelleguess
on 6/14/04 5:32 am - Clayton, nc
Thank you all for replying, it eased my mind greatly!Please continue to keep my family in your thoughts and prayers as we prepare for this special day! Michelle
Bonnie L.
on 6/15/04 11:19 am - Kissimmee, FL
I am 2 weeks post-op and had my surgery at Ocala Regional. I had a private room and my daughter stayed in my room for the entire hospital stay. My room had a recliner for me to sit in and one for her that laid out flat in like a bed. They told me that they would bring a cot in for her when I called to inquire about her staying with me but there was no need with that recliner. They gave her a pillow, sheets and blanket. The hospital gowns are big but I still wore a light robe on my shoulders when I walked. Take a fan with you. They have some in the rooms but some rooms don't have them and you will be hot. Something about the surgery, etc. makes you hot. My daughter froze but I was comfy in front of a fan going blizzard speed. I was glad to have my daughter with me cause she helped me with all my needs. I don't know how I would have done if she had not been with me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views