Support Group Meetings in Central Florida???

sistagirl4ya
on 6/12/04 11:27 pm - DAYTONA BEACH, FL
Greetings Everyone: I'm about 11 days out! So far, no complications or problems with food or medication intake. To date, I've lost about 20 pounds. I'll be relocating to the Daytona Beach area at the end of next month. I was wondering if there were any support group meetings that I can attend in the Daytona Beach and/or the Orlando area? Also, are there any good PCPs (knowledgeable in Bariatric Surgery) in those areas who will be great to follow up with in the months to come? Thanks in advance for your help and responses!
Kim B.
on 6/12/04 11:33 pm - FL
Melissa, Welcome! I live about 30 min south of where you are and I go to Dr. Jawad in Ocala. It is a bit of a drive but well worth the time. He is awesome. I can send you his # isf you want it. Also we have a wonderful group that usualy meets in Altamonte or Longwood area the last part of the month. The girl who runs it usially posts the meeting times and places on the FLorida Messageboard. Kim
Kim B.
on 6/12/04 11:36 pm - FL
Here is Dr. Jawad's website http://www.jawadmd.com/
sistagirl4ya
on 6/12/04 11:51 pm - DAYTONA BEACH, FL
Thanks a mil Kimmy for your help and timely response!
SimplyRedHead
on 6/13/04 12:59 am - Longwood, FL
Melissa, Good luck with your move, I dont envy you at all because I hate moving There are actually a couple informal support groups that meet monthly in the Orlando area, they both post the date and times on this board so keep your eyes open. Several of us from the FL board met for the first time yesterday and we had a great time, we hope to do that again too. It was nice exchanging experiences and just getting to know everyone outside of cyberland. We hope to do that in the near future. Again, good luck with your move and keep us posted on your progress. Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views