Anyone have United health care pos sel.???????

neil
on 6/11/04 11:36 pm - Homestead, FL
My surgen rquested, that my doctor give him two years medical histery,at least 6months doctor supervised diet and weight loss, ummmm i must go see a pulmanary doctor for sleep apnea test and a shrink,,, ok here is the delema my doctor is not going to write the referel or the supervised diet see i got a trainer and he put me on a diet i told my pcp about the diet and what im doing but he never wrote it down,,,, what do i do now so i can have my surgery??????I LIVE DOWN HERE IN HOMESTEAD FLORIDA AND MY SURGEN WHO I HAD A GROUP MEETING WITH AND ONE ON ONE MEETING IS OUT OF MIAMI HOPE CENTER HIS NAME IS DOCTOR RABZZA IM 415LBS AND 5FT 6INTALL
Jan Ocala
on 6/12/04 5:45 am - Ocala, FL
Neil, it really stinks, but it sounds like you will have to go to another PCP who will be willing to "supervise" your trainer's efforts and will write the letter for you. I've been told over and over and over that insurance companies will follow the letter of their law but we can't take short cuts and we must properly jump through their hoops. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I don't know what else you can do, except talk to your surgeon for ideas. Keep us informed how it's going, ok? Pre-Op Jan
Tom T.
on 6/14/04 1:04 am - Saint Petersburg, FL
Neil: I'm gonna have to agree with Doll Lady. Find a different doc. I have United Health, and they were great to work with. Aside from the financial aspect (my total out-of-pocket, a month post-op, has been $425.00, and that's all office visit and hospital co-payments), they approved my surgery on the first request. (I was 5'11, 337, BMI 46 pre-op) The office manager for the surgeon coordinated all the paperwork for the insurance company. From my PCP, the two year history they got pretty much listed my office visit dates and my weights at each visit. My PCP didn't (and hasn't) done all that much with me or for me. About a year ago he wrote a script for me for diet pills, and that was it. I also had to have the usual psychological eval, and a pre-op clearance, whi*****luded an x-ray and blood work. The history of diet and exercise was something I provided, and it was FAR from detailed. Id' be happy to e-mail you the two page document I provided, if that would help. Hang in there and you'll get through this. It can be wildly frustrating, but it can be done... Tom
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views