surgery date

michelleguess
on 6/10/04 11:29 am - Clayton, nc
I have a date with Dr. Overcash at Ocala Regional on June 22 for open RNY. I appreciate all your prayers and support. Would like to have an angel to help along the way!! To all postops any advice on what to take to hospital, what to have when you get home... I plan to shop this weekend. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Michelle-Orlando
Marla S.
on 6/10/04 12:12 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
Congrats! on your sugery date! My prayers anf good wishes go with you. Marla
ErikaL
on 6/10/04 1:10 pm - JAX, FL
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Erika L
Lexa321
on 6/10/04 1:19 pm - weston, FL
you will do great... sending thoughts and prayers you way
Micmomof3
on 6/10/04 1:44 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Michelle, What great news! My sister also had surgery with Dr. Overcash in 99'! Good Luck and I am sure you will keep us up to date! Michelle
SimplyRedHead
on 6/10/04 1:59 pm - Longwood, FL
Michelle, Congratulations, time will fly by and soon you will be on the losing side. Don't worry too much about your hospital stay. I took a lot of extra stuff I never pulled out of my bag. Here are my suggestions based on my surgery: -Take a robe and slippers to cover your behind from the open gown when you walk the halls as part of your recovery. -Take some chapstick since you will be very thirsty and cant drink for a day or so and that helps keep your lips moist and it is refreshing (as silly as it sounds). -I mostly watched mindless TV but you can take a book or something to keep you entertained the day(s) after surgery- remember you will be in the rocking chair all day (as per Dr. O's requirement) the second day. I was so sleepy, I managed to rock and doze at the same time. -Other than basic essentials (hairbrush, toothbrush, underwear) you wont need much. The hospital will even provide for you a toothbrush, tooth paste, shampoo, soap, etc. I took a shower the last day, I was too sore to stand that long on the second day. -I was very hot in the hospital although it was 65 degrees there, I couldnt cool off and wished I had a small fan next to my bed, that might be something to consider since I heard this is quite common. -I also wore the same outfit home that I wore to the hospital so my bag was even lighter. Good luck and keep us posted Amy
Robin B.
on 6/10/04 5:53 pm - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
Hello Michelle, I am so glad to hear of your date congratulations. I will pray that all goes smoothly and you please keep us posted on everything. Robin ~
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/04 8:51 pm - Tampa, FL
Michelle, congratulations on your date, keep us informed.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views