My non-appt w/ my PCP.

Micmomof3
on 6/9/04 11:29 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Hello gang, Monday I had an appt with my PCP and they called and changed it to Wednesday. Well, Wednesday they also called and wanted to cancel the appt. again. Hmm, I dont know why. Anyhow, the medical assistant that called me asked me what I was comming in for. I told her, I wanted to speak to him and update him on my wls status and get him to go ahead and write my letter of medical necessity. I also told her I needed to have a sleep study ordered and needed my blood test faxed over to Dr. Cox. Well, I was able to get everything done without going in. She ordered the sleedy study and faxed my blood test. I told her I prepared a letter of medical necessity. She said great and asked if i could drop it off. So I did drop it off, my PCP will look it over and if if agrees with everything I said she will type it up and put it on their letter head. It's a pretty long letter, so she didn't look to happy about that. Oh well, I wanted everything included and needed it to sound as professional as possible. I wont call and bother them until next week! Hopefully he will just approve it! Of course he can write his own, either way I just want the letter. Love you all! Michelle
jolli
on 6/10/04 1:24 am - FL
Well congrats. to you I hope everything happens at God's speed for you! You deserve this and alot more! I REALLY REALLY WISH, that you could make it to the meet on saturday, I wanted to meet you personally. Hope you change your mind. Johanna
Micmomof3
on 6/10/04 2:32 am - Jacksonville, fl
Johanna, Thank you! I do wish I was able to attend the meeting this weekend as well, but unfortunatly I am unable to. I hope in the future we can meet at one of Dr. Cox support group meetings. Michelle.
ErikaL
on 6/10/04 1:47 am - JAX, FL
Michelle, I was just about to email you and ask how your appointment went yesterday, and I saw your post! That's great!!! I wish my PCP was as cooperative, he's the only hold-up now. Erika
Micmomof3
on 6/10/04 2:36 am - Jacksonville, fl
Erika, Yeah I was pretty excited that he was going to take the time to read the letter I wrote. Hope it works out in my favor. What all are you sitll waiting on before submission? And Good Luck with the PCP, tell him to get a move on it! Michelle
Wildcat Lady
on 6/10/04 4:09 am - Jacksonville, FL
Erika, What is he holding you up on? I hope he doesn't give me a hard time once my thyroid is straightened out....
ErikaL
on 6/10/04 8:45 am - JAX, FL
Michelle & Kim, He's taking his sweet time writing my letter of surgical clearance. It's the last thing I need before submission. I'm just going to keep the faith that he'll come through for me! Erika L
Lexa321
on 6/10/04 9:25 am - weston, FL
wooo hooo yay !!!!!!!!!!!!! hope everything goes fast for you xoxoxox
rlike1
on 6/10/04 11:21 am - Orange Park, FL
Glad to hear you're getting some ducks in a row-- hopefully it will be some smooth sailing for you and I'm sure you wrote a very good letter! Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views