Good News - I Have Gallstones

Jan Ocala
on 6/8/04 6:05 am - Ocala, FL
I went for the Gallbladder Ultrasound today and the tech "didn't" tell me that I have 3 good sized gallstones!! (I say it that way because techs are not allowed to tell you anything). Now at least when I get my surgery date I can tell my family that I'm having my gallbladder removed. I still don't want them involved however. I don't know if this will help my approval process along or not, but it's one more thing, at least. Plus, I have my psych eval scheduled the day before I go for my first surgeon's appointment. Keep wishing me luck, guys!!! Pre-Op Jan
Micmomof3
on 6/8/04 6:13 am - Jacksonville, fl
Jan, Woo Hoo on the gallstones~I think! Sound's like your moving right along in this journey as well. I am happy for you! Good Luck with everything else. Michelle.
Jan Ocala
on 6/8/04 6:16 am - Ocala, FL
It does sound funny to be congratulated on having gallstones, but when I found out that I had them I told the tech that it was actually good news!! I've been smiling ever since, but if these stones gave me trouble, I am sure I wouldn't be smiling quite so much!! Pre-Op Jan
Lynn G.
on 6/8/04 11:46 am - Branford, FL
Hiya Jan!!! It wont mess up your surgery process. But know Dr Jawad WONT take your gallbladder at the same time unless its really inflamed. I have a lot of gallstones that are bigger than 2 cm's a piece. I have to go back in like 3 months for my removal. Thank goodness its outpatient! I didnt have to have my psych eval before the apt. However, before they send off your papers you must have that and blood work done. Anyhow, GOOD LUCK GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! Lynn
Jan Ocala
on 6/8/04 1:38 pm - Ocala, FL
Lynn, did Dr. Jawad say that he was minimizing the risk of infection by only doing one procedure at a time? I wanted to get my psych eval done before my first surgeon visit, but so far I haven't even gotten the packet from the Dr.'s office yet. I'll be calling tomorrow to see if it's been sent. I got the ultrasound and the blood work done today. I'll remind my PCP that I need a copy of my chart and all the results for next Friday! I'm moving along here! I hope you're doing well, Lynn!!! Pre-Op Jan
Lynn G.
on 6/9/04 12:46 pm - Branford, FL
Jan, They have like dr papers that requests the psych eval. i dont know if you have to have that or not, i did. i had to give mine to my psych. you dont get those until the first apt anyhow. the reason he wont do the removal unless he has to is cuz 1- too much strain on the body for 2 sugeries at once, we want less complications, not more right? 2- the gallbladder helps if theres any bile and things that could just go into your body, its like a sponge and stops it from what they explained to me. 3- he will only take it at the same time if its badly inflamed. he wouldnt take mine, so in 3-4 months, ill be back under the knife..or laser lol You are doing really well in getting all of your things together. Congrats! I know you are anxious!!! Lynn
Jan Ocala
on 6/10/04 8:40 am - Ocala, FL
Lynn, I have more good news. According to the radiologist's report, not only do I have the gallstones that I knew I had, but also I have a thickening of the gallbladder wall which (according to my PCP) indicates cholecystitis - inflamation of the gall bladder. She says it's still up to Dr. Jawad, but it may have to come out. Also I was told that my blood work showed an elevated blood sugar level. It was 128. This also explains why my dentist isn't happy with the way my gums are behaving!! Man, the co-morbidities are just mounting! Pre-Op Jan
Lynn G.
on 6/10/04 11:22 am - Branford, FL
LOL you are doing SO well. I am soo proud haha. My mama says.. she's so funny lol. Nice post Jan! Lynn
Jan Ocala
on 6/10/04 11:25 am - Ocala, FL
Lynn, please tell your mom hello for me, ok?? She is such a nice lady and I enjoyed spending some time with her. I was right too - we're nearly the same age!!! I hope you're doing well. Pre-Op Jan
Lynn G.
on 6/10/04 2:32 pm - Branford, FL
Jan, I told her hello for you and she said she hopes you are doing well. LOL@someone enjoying spending time with my mom, usually she just drives everyone crazy--like me! haha Im doing better. I am I forget how many days out. I get my gtube out on Tuesday YAY!!!! This darn thing is soooooooooooo annoying. Ahh, but you will get to feel my pain lol :P Lynn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views