need help finding surgeon ..

jennifer archer
on 6/7/04 2:05 pm - MILTON, FL
I have applied through healthease and have only got the run around . I was told by Dr Courcy office they would accept me they sent a packet to get all info and referrels . when this was all completed and I went for the first appointment they said there was a mistake and they couldn't do my surgery . well help ,anyone know where I can turn to for help in the North West area of Florida ? thanks
Robin B.
on 6/7/04 4:30 pm - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
Hello Jennifer, I also have Medicaid and I am going 600 miles away to have my surgery done.. I live Freeport at the moment. Not far from you at all. Look at the find a surgeon page and start calling each one; also I would post again asking for help finding a "surgeon that takes Medicaid". And you might have to travel to get it done but its worth it. There are still ones that do. I am seeing Dr. Szomstein but I understand they are not accepting any more patients with Medicaid? But keep on do not give up. They are bout there.. E mail me if you have any questions or if I can help in any other way.. Robin ~
ErikaL
on 6/7/04 10:56 pm - JAX, FL
Hi Jennifer, The only surgeon who is taking more medicaid patients in 2004 is Dr. Samuel Cox in Ft. Lauderdale. I know it's a long trip, but it's our only choice right now! Good Luck, Erika L
Lexa321
on 6/8/04 4:38 am - weston, FL
like erika said... dr cox is the only one i know of as of now... good luck
sharein_angel
on 6/8/04 4:41 am - Palm Harbor, FL
Dr. Rehnke in St.Petersburg takes healthease(727-344-0640). I have a friend from Daytona that has that kind of insurance and has to drive to St. Pete for her surgery. I think it's a 3 hour drive for her. I also have to travel for surgery. It takes me 4 hours to drive to Weston. ....Good Luck....Sharon S
StephanyS
on 6/8/04 1:52 pm - Milton, FL
Hi Jennifer, I live in Milton and Dr. Robert Althar is my surgeon. I don't know if he takes your insurance, but you could call. The office number is 850-623-9999. I hope this helps. Stephany
newlifefor3
on 6/8/04 8:09 pm - Naples, FL
I also have been on the Looooong search for a surgeon and I live in Naples...I have found by calling EVERYONE on the list that...Doctors....Rehnke...Cox...And NO ONE else mentioned....None of them take medicaid and if your insurance is a part of medicaid then these dr's. can't help you....You might check Dr. Murr in Tampa at 813-251-7393 or go the list and e-mail him...which is quicker.....Or Dr. Liberman in Naples and talk to Mary jo at 239-348-4123...These are the only 2 that would even remotely help at all even with information....Try Dr. Murr's office with Susan...She is the nicest and most helpful....I hope this helps....Don't give up...I spent many hours crying and trying to give up but took the advice of the nice people here and found new hope...They can help you too!!!! Let me know if this helps any...Janice
Angie J.
on 6/9/04 2:07 am - Wauchula, FL
hey, i have share of cost/ medicaid and as far as i know Dr. Cox in Ft. Luaderdale is the only one in fl. that takes it. angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views