I desperatly need help, please

Redhaired
on 3/30/10 2:42 am - Mouseville, FL
I am sure they are doing this to ensure you have a safe surgery.  It is unfortunate that you are having so much trouble meeting the requirement.  Have you spoken to your PCP about in-patient programs specifically?

eddieastea
on 4/22/10 11:12 pm - Lutz, FL
im sorry that you have to deal with such bullcrap theses people dont under stand what we deal with everyday i hope that you find the help that you need good luck  oh buy the way the pills there asking you to take work for a bit then your hunger comes back then all you do is gain all of it back + some i went on that two times it sucks
twinkle6810
on 4/22/10 10:12 pm - Gulf Breeze, FL
Hello  try DR LORD in Pensacola

Trauma Queen
on 4/6/10 10:32 pm, edited 4/6/10 10:34 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hello JFeliciano :)
I wanted to respond to your post because you and I are very simular in cases.
I too was asked to loose 100 pounds before surgery.  I could not do it.  I had NO will power and could not stop eating.
I found a surgeon willing to take on my case and do surgery at my weight which was 427 pounds day of surgery.
I had to sign a wavier stating that I knew the risks of having surgery at that weight and that I was aware of what could happen.  Death being the worst of it all.
Long story short, I had surgery in july of 2005 and I now am happy to say I weigh 124 pounds.  That is a 300 pound weight loss.
I also had medicaid/medicare and my doctor (at that time) took my insurance.  I am not sure if he still does or if he is even still practicing.
Try looking up Dr. Bruce Brient in gainesville florida.  He is a super doctor.  I stayed with him 18 months postop and no longer see him for any issues.
Please feel free to email me if you like, I understand your pain and frustration.
Gentle hugs..
Donna
445/425/123/1??
brachioplasty 7/11/07
Breast reduction/lift and axilla repair 9/5/07
Mons reduction and L arm brachioplasty repair 01/02/08
Tummy tuck with Anchor cut  3/12/08
Lower body lift TBA
DebsGiz
on 4/7/10 10:24 am - FL
This really baffles logic... 

If you could lose 100 pounds, then why the hell would you need WLS? 

This is a crazy requirement and I would keep looking for a physician as there has to be one somewhere who can help you. 
Elizabeth_Ann
on 4/10/10 1:27 pm
Can you tell us which doctors you've already tried? I went to Dr. Jawad in Ocala and he has a partner who is fabulous. The partner takes medicaid/medicare. His name is Dr. Shobani, I believe.

Their phone number is 352-351-5770.

Good luck and God bless!

Hugs,

Liz in Orlando       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

murfy
on 4/12/10 11:43 pm - Jacksonville, FL
hi there. i have medcaid and i live in jacksonville. i am getting surgery next week with dr hoddinott. he did not require any weight loss or preperation for the gastric bypass. i have lost 17 pounds though just from drinking protein shakes, but he didn't even ask me to do it. i think you should call him. he is really nice and i have read a lot of great reviews of him from past patients.

Dr. Kevin Hoddinott
1511 South West 1st Avenue
Ocala, FL 34471

Phone Number: (352) 368-1661

Fax Number: (352) 867-9794
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Kevin+Hoddinott+dmr.html
Murf

eddieastea
on 4/22/10 11:18 pm - Lutz, FL
hi liz im seeing dor shobani in ocala can you tell me how it went for you and how long medicaid took to approve the wls
JFeliciano
on 4/10/10 2:10 pm
Hi Everyone, I am really sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Ive just been so depressed, I dont even want to get up out of bed, much less log onto a pc. well, I guess I should let you guys know, I found 2 drs that take medicaid. 1 is in tampa, and the other in miami. I went to the orientation of the one in tampa, dr. murr.  but to see him  because i have to be seen by hiis team first. i have to pay 750$ which i dont have at the moment so. i kept all the info and as soon as i am able to save it up, i will be calling, and the one in miami i have an appointment with on the 20th. according to the ladies i spoke with neither of them have a problem with my weight. so Im excited about that, im just praying it all works out....

@ Liz, I did go to Shobani/Jawad office. OMG, I have to say I have never in my life been to such a rude mean and hurtful doctor... I dont remember the name of the one that saw me, to be honest I have tryed to block that hole day out of my mind, I came home cryed for a few hours and than tryed to forget it all...  I have been turned away by many many Drs. because of my weight and have done nothing about it. those are their rules and I cant change them. but he was so mean. he walked in, sat down and asked me. have you ever dieted before I said yes, he said what is the most weight you have lost. i answered. he said since when has your weight been an issue for you. my sister explained my entire medical background. and all the diets i have been on and the  He went on to say that who was I to walk in there expecting a miracle or for him to just fix me up and than he said  that I had to leave and go back in 6 months or whenever I lost 100lbs. but not before he kicked his chair which than bounced off the wall and than off his counter, than through my chart on the desk and scriblled something in big lettters and than on his prescription pad that i had to lose weight before he saw me again. he asked do you have any more questions, with his arms crossed over my now closed chart. I answered "no, thank you" and walked out to the car. my sister stopped in the corner to explain and translate everything to my mom. and he walked by and slammed his office door so hard i could hear it by the front door...
I dont know, maybe he was just having a really bad day. But the thought of putting my life in his hands on an operating table at any weight is quite scary... 

@Donna, Thank you for sharing your story with me, it gives me a little hope and comfort to know im not the only one in this huge mess...
Thank you all for all your help. please keep leting me know of any more information you come across. I could use all the help I can get...
Emily F.
on 4/12/10 7:15 am
I'm glad you found some doctors to help you. There really are doctors in it for the money and they don't want to take more risky surgeries. Then there are the doctors that actually CARE for the people they operate on and want them to succeed, even if it means risking some stats on their record. I hope you find someone to help you. Hugs!
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views