I desperatly need help, please

JFeliciano
on 3/29/10 5:01 am
Hey Everyone,
I'm kind of new to this, its the first time i post something anywhere. But as the topic said, I'm in desperate need of help. See on top of the fact that I have medicaid, which come on, everybody knows, its real hard to find a surgeon that will take it. I found 2, but now my problem is that, they are both asking me to loose 100lbs before the surgery. And i have been trying for a year, and i haven't even come close, to be honest i believe I have gained weight instead of losing any. And I need to have the surgery soon, I have so many medical issues and am on so many meds, it crazy. can someone please help me, I don't know what to do
IGDiva
on 3/29/10 5:43 am, edited 3/29/10 6:04 am - Orlando, FL
 Hi Judith,

I got your email through Meetup.  I am working on my email response, but just saw your post here and wanted to let you know you were heard.

Take care,
Lisa
Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
IGDiva
on 3/29/10 5:47 am - Orlando, FL
 You might want to try this pinned thread, it seems to list a few surgeons:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/FL/3461361/MEDICAID-AND-MEDICARE-SURGEONS-LIST/

Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
JFeliciano
on 3/29/10 6:55 am
Thank You so much for your help... Im checking them now.
Redhaired
on 3/29/10 1:51 pm - Mouseville, FL
What kind of support are these two surgeons willing to give you to help you lose that 100lbs? 

JFeliciano
on 3/29/10 2:20 pm
Well, honestly none. They both just said to go back when I lost the weight.   I dont remember if i mentioned it before but.  Im willing to go into an inpatient program if anybody knows of one that will take medicaid... because I havent found one...
Redhaired
on 3/29/10 2:43 pm - Mouseville, FL

Has your PCP offered you any assistance?  How much weight do you need to lose? 

JFeliciano
on 3/29/10 2:47 pm
I need to lose 100lbs. and the pcp said she would prescribe some pills, Phentermine I believe they are called. but they really didnt help at all....
Redhaired
on 3/29/10 3:08 pm - Mouseville, FL
If all you need to lose is 100 lbs then why is the surgeon telling you to lose 100lbs and then have WLS -- that doesn't make sense.  Have you tried one of the teaching hospitals like Jackson in Miami?

JFeliciano
on 3/30/10 1:44 am
Im so sorry, I didnt understand your original question, I need to lose total about 400lbs. but before they do the surgery the ask me to lose 100lbs.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views