I am still having major problems with finding a surgeon.......

newlifefor3
on 6/7/04 5:10 am - Naples, FL
I have tried every city with in about 300 miles and most don't take medicaid at all anymore....I had one tell me that they will take all the test and if medicaid didn't approve me I had to pay for the testing!!!! If I am on medicaid I obviously can't afford that!!!! I have several ideas but nothing concrete....Does anyone know a surgeon that takes medicaid and is still taking and doing these surgeries????? I spent about 4 hours crying yesterday.... Because my PCP told me in front of my 12 year old son that I had about 2 or 3 good years left and that I better get my affairs in order to take care of him!!!!!!......Talk about a nice guy...HUH??? So you see it is important that I find someone to do this...Any and all help would be appreciated....Thanks...Janice
Wildcat Lady
on 6/7/04 5:35 am - Jacksonville, FL
Janice, don't fret hun. Talk to Erika or Michelle, they both ave medicaid and are using Dr. Cox in Ft Lauderdale. Both ladies are wonderful people and I'm sure would be happy to help you any way that they can. Hugs, Kim
thumpiez
on 6/7/04 6:06 am - Ft Lauderdale, FL
Hi Janice, I was in your EXACT cir****tance just 2 years ago until I found Cleveland Clinic of Florida. My closest location is in Weston, FL but I understand there is a Naples location as well. Not sure if they do the surgery there, but if not, they DO do this surgery in Weston (outside of Ft Lauderdale) and they DO take FL Medicaid!!! Here's their toll-free number: 866-2-WESTON Good luck to you, Christie 518/305/180 -213 lbs in 16 months
ErikaL
on 6/7/04 6:14 am - JAX, FL
Sorry, They aren't taking anymore medicaid patients this year. Hugs, Erika
ErikaL
on 6/7/04 6:11 am - JAX, FL
Janice, Cheer up hun, I've got some positive news for ya! Dr. Samuel Cox is still accepting Medicaid. His practice is in Ft. Lauderdale, and his program is top notch!!! I know we're used to getting the short end of the stick, because we're on Medicaid. He's an excellent surgeon and his wife deborah is an R.N. whose trains all of the nurses in the hospital. She teaches the info classes. They have a wonderful nutritionist who only charges us $50.00, and the psychologist will reduce his normal fee of $400.00 down to accomodate us. That's the only out of pocket fees, besides paying your small co-pay to the cardiologist (mine was only $2.00)! They have three hospitals in Ft. Lauderdale working with their patients. Talk to Carey in Dr. Cox's office and have him send you the info packet. Carey is the sweetest guy in the world!!! The phone number is: (954)928-0066. If you have anymore questions, just email me!!! Hugs, Erika L
newlifefor3
on 6/9/04 9:48 pm - Naples, FL
Thanks Erika!!!!! I did call Carey and am set up for June 24th Orientation!!!! Thank you for all your good advice and it looks like I can put the pre-plan creamatory packet in the closet...I had oredered that and gave up because I couldn't get a hold of them...But Thank God I did and it is finally in motion!!! If you would not have been the caring person you are...I would have given up because I am so used to getting the shaft...I will keep you updated on my progress....Janice
April B.
on 6/7/04 1:14 pm - Blanchard, OK
Hi Janice, I have FL Medicaid/Staywell HMO, I am going through Dr Murr in Tampa, he accepts other medicaid hmo;s also, call Tampa General and they will send you a packet. Hope this has helped you out......don't give up there is always hope...:0)... April OH "Where the seeds of friendship blossom!!"
Micmomof3
on 6/8/04 4:36 am - Jacksonville, fl
Janice, Try to keep your head up dear. Sometime's our doctors open up their mouths without thinking. I am sorry your son was standing there when he said that! Remember where there is a WILL there is a WAY. I know sometime's it seem like it, but God does not give us more then we can handle. As far as surgeons go I 2nd everything Erika said! Dr. Cox and Deborah really know their stuff and are truely a blessing! They have a genuine concern for obese people and are going to work with you to help you anyway they can. Oh yeah and aftercare looks promiseing (sp?) as well. Good Luck! Let me know if I can help! Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views