Erika and Michelle, Help!!

jolli
on 6/6/04 10:27 pm - FL
Hi ladies! I know that you are both seeing Dr. Cox and I wanted to know how long did it take for Carey to call you to give you all the appts. necessary? I sent in my package b4 memorial day weekend and still haven't received any news. What should I do? :help; I am afraid I won't be able to have this done if I don't hurry! With everythig that is going on with the insurance and all! Need your input, thanks and God Bless! Johanna
ErikaL
on 6/6/04 10:55 pm - JAX, FL
Johanna, I haven't heard from them lately either. I know that they have a big conference they're going to this month, so maybe they're just that busy? I kept calling Carey and asked him if I needed to start my testing, then he set up all of my appointments. He does like to set them up around the last of the month, because that's when they do their info classes and support meetings. Keep trying! Good Luck, Erika
Micmomof3
on 6/6/04 11:21 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Johanna, Hey there Don't panic like Erika said I am sure they are staying busy. I never waited for him to call me though, I called and asked him to start setting things up for me. I called the psychologists and set up that appt. Carey set up the other 2 appts. for me. Let him know you want to attend the info. session this month and perhaps the day before the info. session you can set up several appts for that day. Keep in mind that the the Psycologists is the only one you HAVE to have completed prior to your paperwork being submitted to the insurance company. The Cardiologist and the Pumonologist can be done AFTER or during the approval. I am not sure if your far from Ft. Lauderdale, but if not you don't have to have them all scheduled at once. Us, who are far definitly need to have them done at once to avoid the drive. So I would recommend you call Carey, so see what he can get set up for you. Good Luck, Michelle.
ErikaL
on 6/7/04 3:09 am - JAX, FL
Michelle, I talked to Carey today. He said that he's still waiting on my labs to be faxed from Shands and the results of my PFT test. When he gets them and I get a letter of surgical clearance from my PCP, I'm done! They'll send it off for approval. Hugs, Erika
Micmomof3
on 6/7/04 4:24 am - Jacksonville, fl
Erika, Way to go! Not much longer at all. Have you contacted Shands to see what's the deal with them taking so long? Good luck with everything and keep us all updated! Michelle.
ErikaL
on 6/7/04 10:54 am - JAX, FL
Yes, I called Shands and they said to have Dr. Cox's office contact them and they would fax them to him right away. I gave Carey their number this afternoon. Hugs, Erika
jolli
on 6/7/04 7:57 am - FL
Hey ladies, I called Carey this morning at around 9:30 and asked what was going on. He then gave me the phone number to Dr. Zimmerman and I scheduled the appt. for the 23 and I will be at the other appts. on the 24, nutri., cardio., and the pulmo., I will be taking an info session that day also. I am about 4 hours away. I'm about 45min. from Gainesville. So it is necessary for me to get done all I can while I'm there. Also my PCP will be giving me the order to have the Pulmonary Function test tomorrow. So that by the 23 that should be sent already. Hopefully! Thanks guys, your great! Johanna
ErikaL
on 6/7/04 10:52 am - JAX, FL
That's great!!! You're on your way!!!!!! Just let us know if you have any questions... Hugs, Erika
Micmomof3
on 6/8/04 4:19 am - Jacksonville, fl
Johanna, Thats good news! Good deal! your well on your way now! Please keep us all updated. Michelle.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views