It seems so difficult...

Franklin K.
on 6/6/04 3:00 pm - Orlando, FL
It seems so difficult to Find a good Lap RNY Surgeon in the Orlando/Central FLorida area who will take UHC EPO insurance. I went to the US Bariatrics Info Meeting, and was ready to go. I plowed through all the paperwork and Insurance paperwork, and was notified that they would not accept UHC EPO insurance. HELP!!! If you know of someone in this area please let me know asap. I work for AT&T Wireless, and would love to get this done asap. I appreciate your assistance ASAP. My BMI was over 47.7...I need relief ASAP! I also have co-mobidities.
Lynn G.
on 6/6/04 3:49 pm - Branford, FL
try dr jawad in ocala www.jawadmd.com . he was my doctor. i dont know if he takes that kind of insurance but its worth a shot. i had my lap done on 5/18/04. I have NO regrets from him being my doctor. He's one of the best!
ErikaL
on 6/6/04 5:23 pm - JAX, FL
If he doesn't accept United Health Care, try Dr. Jefferson Vaughan in Jupiter . I know his profile says that he does. Good Luck, Erika L
ErikaL
on 6/6/04 5:28 pm - JAX, FL
Also, check out Robert K. Liem M.D. in West Palm. Hugs, Erika
KAT *.
on 6/6/04 9:07 pm - Orlando, FL
Hey Frank - This is Karen - I worked with you at ATTWS in E-Care. I don't work in that ****box anymore. I went with US Bariatrics but I had Dr. Perez perform my surgery in Ft. Lauderdale. He accepts UHC. At the time I had my Lap RNY, he was the only Doctor in that office who accepted UHC. I have all of my follow ups with Dr. Kim in Celebration. I was approved & having surgery in less that 60 days from when I initiated my request. I paid $1600 out of pocket for everything. When I had my surgery, the office in Celebration was not open for surgery. US Bariatrics is awesome! Are you going to their meeting on Wednesday? If you are there, make sure to say HI! Email me if you have questions! Having RNY has changed my life! I don't think I could have lost my weight any other way.
Kathy M.
on 6/7/04 1:08 am - Clermont, FL
I have the same insurance and had the same problem. I chose to go to Dr. English in Lauderhills. I am scheduled for Surgery on Wednesday. I went throught the same thing with US Bari. in Celebration. Dr. Overcash in Ocala accepts UHC but he's not a big fan of the Lap. So far I'm really happy with Dr. English and his staff. Kathy
SimplyRedHead
on 6/7/04 8:29 am - Longwood, FL
Just to expound on the Overcash and Lap comment a little bit. When asked, I found out that Dr. O prefers Open to Lap because you are under anesthesia (sp?) for a much shorter period of time with Open. His average Open surgery is less than 45 min versus over two hours for lap. After weighing my options and the realization of actual scarring after a tummy tuck or lower body lift, I didn't mind having open or the scar. Plus his scars tend to be smaller. I know there is a lot of debate about both types of surgeries and I am not interested in starting that here, but I chose being under anesthesia a shorter period of time as my main reasoning for going with the Open RNY. Just my two cents... Amy
Christina C.
on 6/7/04 11:09 am - Auburndale, FL
My 2 cents on Dr Overcash's attitude towards lap is that everything he said about the cons of lap goes directly against everything I have read and learned throughout my research, and I have read a lot! That is why I went with a Dr who specialized in lap. I spoke to 2 nurses during my 24 hour stay in the hospital about Dr O and my dr, and they had some definite opinions about Dr O. Plus, his mortality rate was way too high for me. Anyway, you're out of surgery and I assume doing well, so congrats on that and good luck!
Wildcat Lady
on 6/8/04 3:48 am - Jacksonville, FL
And the things you've heard is the reason I've decided to continue my search for a surgeon!
ebdrup
on 6/7/04 10:42 pm - PLANT CITY, FL
Franklin, I go to Dr. Murr, he takes United Healthcare, just not sure he takes EPO I have POS. He is in Tampa and is with USF College of Medicine. Tampa General is where he dose the surgeries. I have an idea Since you live in Orlando why don't you come out to the Altamonte Mall Saturday the 12th. Several of us are going to meet in the Food Court. Don't Laugh, I am serious, the Food Court. It is just so we can get to know who we are talking to.Do not be shy. Everyone is invited.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views