UPDATE ON MOMMA ANGEL

Sharon Neva
on 6/4/04 4:49 am - SD
I just spoke to her daughter, Rebecca. My heart is heavy to give you all this news. But, Paula condition has taken a turn for the worse. Even though she's had 100% oxygen, she was not improving. She had to make the decision if she wanted to go on the ventilator and initially she didn't. Because it's going to be a permanent thing, she will never be able to get off the ventilator and it probably means long term care at a nursing home. Last night she changed her mind and they were putting the ventilator in when they lost her pulse and had to perform CPR. She was without oxygen for approx 15 minutes and she sustained some brain damage (they're not certain how much). Of course, they say her weight is contributing greatly to her lung and heart condition. Through it all, Paula has continued to be worried about her AMOS members, she asked her daughter if someone had taken over her job of getting posts to people having surgery and I told her that there was. I also have printed off the last MB posts from everyone from the last update (16 pages) and I printed off her surgery pages (just the ones about her illness was 25 pages). Her daughter was very touched by the amount of outpouring of love they have received. She was going to make copies of the posts and give to relatives to read, too. I will print off any replies to this message and include them in the package. Please pray for Paula, Sharon
Lexa321
on 6/4/04 7:42 am - weston, FL
dang...i dont even know what to say wish there was something i could do
sharein_angel
on 6/4/04 7:51 am - Palm Harbor, FL
Ooooh it saddens me so much to hear this. She's such a wonderful lady and has given so much of herself to so many on this board. I know when I first joined, she sent me a "welcome" message right away. My prayers are with her and her family that God will watch over them and help them through this hard time in their lives.....Sharon
Marla S.
on 6/4/04 1:24 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
Sharon, please pass on my best wishes to the family. My prayers will be for her tonight.Marla
newlifefor3
on 6/4/04 8:22 pm - Naples, FL
Please send our prayers out to her and her family as well...She sent me prayers and encouragement the first day I was on here and even a few private messages to me to help me over a few rough spots as well...i am so very saddened about her condition and hope to send my love and encouragement to her family in such a sad time...We will light a candle and send out love and prayers for her and her family tongiht and every night...Let them know we are here with them....Janice Mcfalls and family
Robin B.
on 6/5/04 12:18 am - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
You know everywhere I look you see MOMMA ANGEL posting a reply for someone to get better or good luck. She has been there for so many of us. Please pass on to her family that she is on a huge prayer list and please keep us up to date. Robin ~
Micmomof3
on 6/5/04 4:45 am - Jacksonville, fl
I am very saddended by this news. I will continue to wish her the best and her family as well. Momma Angel and her daughet will continue to be in my prayers! Let her know we love her and miss her post's greatly! She is a very strong and couragous woman and I am very sorry this had happened to her and her family. I wish the best to all of them. Love, Michelle
Brenda N.
on 6/5/04 7:55 am - Holiday, FL
hi sharon, we need to keep the faith for momma she is such an inspiration to so many.i know she's been there for me since the beginning of my long journey.may god keep his angels around her and her family. she is in my prayers. brenda lets all pray for momma
Jan Ocala
on 6/5/04 9:53 am - Ocala, FL
Sharon, thanks so much for posting about this. It's terrible news to hear what's happened to everyone's favorite angel!! The brain begins to be damaged when it's deprived of O2 for 4 minutes, so I think she needs a definite miracle here!! My prayers for Momma Angel and her family continue!! Pre-Op Jan
Luvitsunny
on 6/5/04 12:04 pm - Sunny South, FL
Momma Angel was one of the first emails I received when I posted my surgery date. It is my turn to remember her in my prayers for her faithfulness to others.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views