loan for surgery

Brenda N.
on 6/3/04 1:06 pm - Holiday, FL
i am so upset because i have medicare /medicaide i have to come up with $4000.00 for my surgery of course i don't have that kind of money laying around so i have to take out a mortgage on my home at 11 and half % interest. $160.00 a month for 20 years which adds up to $38,400.oo i'm beginning to wonder if it's really worth it? all oppinions appreciated. i'm very confused.
Lexa321
on 6/3/04 2:37 pm - weston, FL
i dunno... i herd someone mention vocational rehab... im not exactly sure how that works.. mabye someone else can help you... im so sorry hope it all works out... Lexa
sherri parker
on 6/3/04 3:14 pm - port richey, FL
Here is the number for Vocational Rehab. Along with the purpose & Eligibility straight from the handbook of services. Hope this can help out. Dr. Haicken accepts Vocational Rehab funding. They paid for mine 100%. There is hope for you. Never give up. 1-866-515-3692 for an office near you. PURPOSE OF VOCATIONAL REHAB. VRS provides services for eligible persons with PHYSICAL or mental IMPAIRMENTS. These services are designed to enable you to prepare for,to get,to keep, or to regain employment. ELIGIBILITY: Eligibility for Voc Rehab Services; as determined below, is based upon the presence of a physical or mental impairment and a goal of employment. A. The physical or mental impairment constitutes or results in a substantial impediment to employment. B. The individual's employment outcome can benefit from Voc Rehab Services. C. The individual requires Voc Rehab Services to prepare for, to get, to keep, or to regain employment. -- sherri parker
sharein_angel
on 6/3/04 10:17 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
why are they requiring you to come up with $4,000? There are others on this site that have the same insurance as you and their surgery has been paid for 100%. Is this what your surgeon is requiring up front? You can always try another surgeon like Dr. Cox in Ft. Lauderdale. Also I think some people have taken loans out through Capitol One. You can apply right on-line. I'm not sure what the interest rate is, but maybe someone that has taken out a loan with them will contact you if you post on the main message board. Good Luck and keep us posted.....Sharon
Micmomof3
on 6/3/04 11:30 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Brenda, Hi there. I assume the $4000.00 is because Medicare doesn't approve the surgery up front right? I would see if their is someway Medicaid can cover what Medicare wont? I don't know how that would work, but maybe thats an option. Good Luck with whatever you choose to do! Michelle
Marla S.
on 6/4/04 1:37 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
If VocRehab does not work out, I know there are companies that loan for medical treatment. Check through search engine. Only positive thing about house loan, interest is tax deductible on income tax, so in long run you would get some of it back! Marla
Brenda N.
on 6/6/04 1:26 pm - Holiday, FL
hi marla, i am trying to get a mortgage on my home but the thing is i am borrowing $10,000.00 and i have to pay back 160.00 month for 20 years thats a total of $38,000.00 it just dosent seem fare. but at the same time i want to live a healthy life and get this weight off so i guess if you look at it that way it's ok i'll probably double the payments and pay off earlier. thanks for the advice though brenda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views